General Hospital: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Too bad Marshall's not as interesting or vital a character as Morn was to the best Trek show ever.  LOL.

They missed an opportunity to at least have a few scenes with the doctor who misdiagnosed him (or the ones that kept misdiagnosing him).  I don't remember what specialties Monica or Tony practiced, but if the writers insisted on that lifelong misdiagnosis plot point, they should have had one of the show's old doctors show up and have a tough conversation and face the consequences.  We could have had a nice little c- or d-story simmering in litigation and normal-level retribution/remorse until they finally end up saving each other from some new accident or calamity and let bygones be bygones.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMG same. He's not desiring of her right now but I would lost my sh&* if she does show up in a few weekas.

Okay...now we are just picking to pick.

If you were misdiagnosed about an illness for DECADES, you get the right to feel a way. Now if you keep going on about it for ohhhh six months...then be shady.  

Not policing mind you, js. 

• Members

I recently read a science article that there has been a historical pattern of misdiagnoses of some Black people as having schizophrenia, when they don't ...
because ...

The very *real* and *rational* fear of racists coming after you overtly and subtly can cause you to complain a lot about this very real situation in our society.  And you can be reasonably upset and distrustful, and that doesn't make you crazy at all.  It's actually logical, and makes you watch your back with good reason.  And also it makes you *angry* at life situations with good reason.
But ignorant doctors have misunderstood this and assumed it was paranoia and crazed anger, and thus misdiagnosed a few Black people as being schizophrenic. 

If GH actually explored this, that would be interesting.

However, I imagine they're probably retconning Marshall for plotpoint purposes only.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Sonny and Carly go through this periodically. Perpetual leads who go through lulls with nothing to do but their screen time barely changes. Until this recent story with someone trying to kill Sonny he was literally carrying Nina's purse for 3 months.

• Members

He was a regular Amy at the nurses station or Ruby at Kelly’s (but less entertaining than either) in everyone else’s business.  It was both ridiculous and hilarious. Now it’s Carly’s turn.  I’m okay with either.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

LOL!  There was a period for at least half a year where Sonny was sitting at the Metro Court overhearing other people's conversations and waiting for Nina to finish up her legitimate job.  He was a regular gossip girl to the point I actually questioned his airtime.  I know people have questioned MB's airtime for years, but I was genuinely wondering why I was watching Sonny day after day just wandering around the hotel bar for days at a time. 

• Members

You aren't wrong about him eating the show for years and I am actually fine with him in the background, but it seemed like he was on 4 days a week following Nina around.  At least when he was on 4 days a week previously he was doing something.  Idk, this probably isn't a popular sentiment, but if we are going to see Sonny that often at least have him do more than passing on idle gossip and literally holding Nina's purse while she runs the hotel and has actual conversations that drive story lol. 

• Members

3-15

Hmmmm with the reveal that the prison in Victor isn't going anywhere and he's on the warpath...I wonder if the show will be doing for the 60th what they did with the 50th where they gave a little everything (humor, action-adventure, romance, drama) with Victor being the action-adventure part a la Luke, Laura, Starvos? 

Yeeeah I wasn't feeling that Cameron announcing his leaving. I know the writers were trying to show Cameron conflicted over Joss, but yeeeah not feeling that. He should still be back at her for Dex and show it more honestly.

I was feeling Spencer in those pants though. Mmmm. lol. I continue to like this Amnesiac Esme storyline in how she continues to ask all these good questions making her situation all the more complicated. And with all that history? Yeah, anyone would have questions. And it keeps Laura/Kevin in the mix.

KRISTINA!!!! The real Heir Apparent to Sonny's empire. But she doesn't live with Sonny in the penthouse right now, right? So that's Sonny, Dex, Spencer...Nina in that penthouse? That said...so if Cameron is leaving, I guess Spencer is going to be the spoiler in Dex/Joss storyline now, huh?

Hmmmmm that WOULD be interesting. One thing that I've noticed with these writers has been that they do...whether it's clusmy, jarringly unexpected, or well...has been how they have touched on black people issues that I really do not see on the soaps barely anymore. In actual dialogue. 

But you are probably right, and it's going to turn into a plotpoint.