General Hospital: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I like that they finally gave that cute bartender at the MetroCourt restaurant a name and some lines.  He was looking adorable for years in the background and now we know Jamie's working on an MBA at PCU and giving his co-boss Nina advice the other day.

So fun seeing Felicia's friendship with Bobby and Lucy enduring over 4 of the past 6 decades of GH.  So looking forward to the Nurse's Ball prep, comedy and fall out (but not Chase, Jinx, Eddie Mayne and Brooklyn's inevitably lame singing at the actual Ball).  For Ned & Brooklyn's sake, I hope Rena Sofer's Lois comes back for a 60th anniversary cameo, hopefully popping out of a cake again, too, and dropping some new bombshell about the mafia or if she's still in the music business, then getting Bad Bunny to do a musical performance as Miguel's son. 

Please register in order to view this content

Anyways, today's show was the first time I've ever seen GH do a flashback of a scene from earlier in the same episode with Valentine remembering his argument with Anna.  So lame.  Lots of skippable scenes in Monday's episode.

• Members

I still cannot believe this show, which was hard up for nickels a few years ago, is now able to spend money on an actual live fùcking horse. The production value is not perfect but has majorly come up in the world in the last couple cycles, esp compared to Y&R and DAYS. Back in the Carlivati days Frank would've just shown us the silhouette of an abandoned plastic carnival horse and had some vague whinnying noises offscreen. You know that when COVID Steve comes back Comet is headed to the Elmer's factory though. I'm just waiting for this horse to end up in the terrible Powerpoint opening just like every local core child who utters two syllables.

Valentin whining about Lucy makes me want to murder the Mr. B Natural of the Cassadine clan that much more. Also, Marshall is the only man I've ever seen who seems disappointed that he is not schizophrenic and has been laboring under a martyred delusion for decades. He also regularly possesses the same singular facial expression as Morn from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Every time he enters a scene I finish his dialogue for him: "Just wanted to let y'all know I have a new hat... me and the hat wanted to stop by and check on you."

• Members

I’m about a week behind and these multiple paternity stories coming to a head this close together is very poor planning.  I know we had Nikolas and Carly’s arrivals on top of each other in the 90’s.  But the reveals were years apart, not months like Willow and Cody. Plus we cared about those stories.  Does anyone care about these two?

This was the worst shootout Sonny has ever been in.  And that’s saying a lot.  Dex being shot again is also ridiculous.  Who would want him as a bodyguard.  His scenes with Sonny are painful.  Painful!

That baby is almost the same size as Esme.

• Members

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3-10

I admit to being disappointed.

I was looking forward to seeing Ms. Wu spin the web around Gladys and what the agenda would be. But it all felt like it's been happening off screen except for a stray scene here or there. And it seems like since Holly's latest return arc, she's been drugging Victor...or was that the one time? 

And THAT was the start of the shipment storyline? How anticlimactic.

That said, I was happy to see Ms. Wu sashaying all through that episode though. LL played that to the hilt. 

And I know you all told me that Cody did know he was Mac's son, but surprisingly the show had not flashed back to the scene itself. So it was nice to see the paperwork on screen. Still disliking the rewrite, but I do love seeing more of Mac. And awww for him feeling sad for Kevin.

Not enough Sprina for me, but I loved seeing them...as well as Ava/Trina scenes. 

And hahahahhahaha! There is no Nurse Balls without Lucy in her undies. So of course Lucy would react how she reacted. 

Same.

Mmmmmm Brenda....

• Members

Smug Carly discovering Valentin alive was maybe the first time I have seen the real Carly in I don’t know how long.  She had that old school Cary vibe for a little bit there. Very refreshing compare to what we see more often- kitchen Cary and her boring boyfriend Drew.

• Members

Lucy arriving at the Metro Court looking like that was EVERYTHING.  I remember watching her very first year and that was actually how she was!   I wondered if it was an homage and it's so cool to hear Ms Herring say it was.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

It's some days back but I did want to say how impressed I was with the extended and emotional scenes they gave Jon Lindstrom, Kristina Wagner and JJY re: their mixed feelings over Ryan's death. The show has changed for the better in some ways in recent years and that is one of them; they really honor those historical friendships with them, Anna, etc. that go back decades. Maybe because the show has run other vets off and it's by necessity lol, but it still is very, very valuable how consistent and strongly featured these characters and their love for each other are. And so unusual now. It's not cutesy lip service like how Frank and Ron would toss off scenes for 'the olds' in the mid-2010s either.

• Members

Who's the shirtless guy in the "O" in "HOSPITAL"?  I had no idea Luke & Laura had a brunette phase.

Hopefully there's a new opening theme/music after the 60th anniversary instead of that dreadful thing I have to skip 20 seconds of on Hulu every night.  I miss the days when the "Faces of the Heart" theme would merge into a dramatic cold open with a beating heart and/or siren...

I just googled Dave Koz and he's aged like fine wine.  What a hottie!

And it looks like "Faces of the Heart" has over a million streams on Spotify: