• Toups pinned this topic
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Fun pointless fact of the morning: According to the wiki, the current "Brownstone" set is actually a renovation of the original Webber/Scorpio house dating back to Rick, Lesley, Laura and Alice Grant in the '70s (and later being lived in for years by Mac, Robin, Felicia and her girls). I wonder what became of the original Brownstone set. This has been your pointless trivia for today.

• Members

The current Quartermaine mansion is allegedly based on blueprints of the original mansion. According to the set designer, the former placement of the front door had been a logistical problem for filming for years (which I'm sure was only exacerbated by how quickly they film now).

• Members

I knew his ass wasn't dead. Why Austin, the DOCTOR, didn't check that Nik was dead? Or how they both carried his body without realizing he wasn't dead. Ridiculous but soaps!

I wonder what Liz's little smirk was about when she walked away from Finn. HmmT. 

They have to stop celebrating whenever Willow gets a match. Celebrate AFTER you're sure Liesl is a suitable candidate.

I don't know if it's the actress or the dialogue but Joss talks like she's narrating every scene. "This is all so sad. I know Michael is feeling lost and stressed but he's hiding it so well. I know Willow is suffering despite the brave front she's putting up." Are you a person or a recording device?

Sonny, who talks like maybe he should get some neurological testing, and Dex, who talks like he's on the verge of tears at any point, having dinner for an hour is excruciating television. Thank god I didn't watch any of it.

Dex is the perfect definition of a soap himbo. Neither the actor or character is giving us anything but he's sure pretty to look at.

• Members

I'm glad this observation wasn't just me!

I think there's potential for the character oddly enough. He's currently unrelated to anyone (which is nigh impossible on this show where everyone has to secretly related to someone else), he's an enforcer actively working against Sonny and as much as I hate her, he and Joss do have a ton of sexual chemistry (Eden McCoy practically recoiled at William Lipton, I'm sorry). Also I think the actor's tearful portrayal is him trying to show that he's invested in the part and doing a Good Job.

So I did some googling thinking maybe it was his first role and he was trying to prove himself but no, he's got a pretty extensive IMDB. Okay, maybe he's just bad.

You know something I just thought of, this show is 100% going to use Laura to rehabilitate Esme. I bet you anything she and the baby are going to go in to Laura and Kevin's care. e. They're pillars of the community plus she's the baby's grandmother and he's Esme's uncle. It makes sense.

Also @Vee's touched on this but I love how Laura runs Port Charles. She's more like a mafia boss than Sonny EVER was. Bossing around cops and officers of the court and everyone going "Yes, Mayor Collins". This is exactly what Genie and Laura deserve after 40 years of the Luke and his unending manpain.

BTW I'd give anything if she chose at this point in life to go by Laura Webber but I'm asking for too much, I know.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I think in his best days Sonny could be commanding and dangerous. That was a long time ago.

I also have wondered about Laura going back to Webber (Viki unexpectedly went back to Viki Lord after decades on OLTL near the end, and it worked). I personally think Laura should and would go back to Spencer given their family name's incredible fame in the town, seemingly for PR reasons for her campaign but also because she still has unfinished business with Luke; Kevin could get upset about it. But they could ultimately split the difference and have her go back to Webber in the end.

I think characters like Dex (or Cody) can be used as rent-a-hunks for fluffy sexcapade stories with various women - I would have overworked single mom Liz get her groove back in a fling with Cody - but I don't have a serious investment in them. But a good soap always needs decent eye candy for bedroom scenes. If you can build on them later (and I think you can with Cody despite his wildly unpopular introduction) then who knows.

I already talked about the Heather/Esme scenes, but I did want to add how good AP was in them with her abject disgust and revulsion. It made me think about bringing on a sister or lookalike, but those rarely work out as well as the OG character especially when they're 'good.' Still, the show could use a young doctor or med student in her age range. I think Esme needs to remain a villain.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Dear God no more look-a-likes on this show! I get what you mean but at this point, let's stick with where they're going. Make her somewhat gray, maybe she doesn't get her memory back but DOES use her baby to get in Spencer's good graces and drive a wedge between Spencer and Trina. 

Just put Liz with Cody. I think there's enough contrast in characters to make something work there, he's fun and Liz has mired in misery for a year. Let her some casual uninhibited sex with him, maybe feelings develops on his side despite being the "fun" one and go from there. 

Also Michael Easton's gravelly baritone, which was sexy to someone somewhere when he was younger, just makes him sound like a creeper next to Becky because he, well looks his age, and she looks so much younger than her age.

Josh Kelly isn't the problem with Cody btw, it's that they have nothing for him to sink his teeth into because they're making up story and backstory for him on a whim.

Yes but he never got to boss around the whole town! You got Laura telling everyone from the ADA who to prosecute to janitorial staff where to put their mops. Love that for her. 

And yeah I instinctively wanted to have her go by "Laura Spencer" as I was typing that but then I remembered "Fück Luke". Also Monday when Heather was yelling at Laura I fully expected her to call her "LAURA SPENCER" because it would've just made sense.