General Hospital: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

And I am gonna say it She wasnt even good enough for Oscar.

In fact if Oscar was on now and Dex was on too, Joss would be cheating with Dex. Even if they gave Oscar the brain tumor, she would stay with Oscar but then the story would be Joss' torment of not being with Dex not that Oscar was dying. 

Edited by John

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ok, why exactly are they starting a storyline with Cam if Cam is leaving?

I’m really gonna miss Cam/WL. Both deserved so much better than what they got. So much better than a lot of people actually. 

And honestly, I don’t know if I agree with  them mourning Epiphany and then partying at the Nurses Ball like a day later. Maybe the show should have waited until after the ball. 

• Members

Esme's baby is the cutest infant I've ever seen on a soap!  He's like Gerber-baby level cute.  I wonder why the writers chose Ace for his name...was it a One Life to Live-All My Children reference?  Wasn't the big cross-over baby switch story centered around a baby Ace back then, too?  The way Heather Tom and Dan Gauthier acted those scenes were so good!

The state trooper giving the bad news about Epiphany sounded like Ryan Chamberlain.  LOL...that'd be an impossibly fun twist.  Speaking of villains, I was a bit bummed to see Victor throw the deputy mayor minion off the bridge, only cause I want Victor to stay on the show and the more he kills, the less likely he'll be on for long.

I enjoyed last week's Gladys and Cody scenes.  I hope we see more of them.

• Members

I have a feeling they are giving Will Lipton the Kimberly McCollough treatment. Let him go to uni during the year, and play him in summer/ holiday stories when he has more flexibility to film. Why would they include him in a story and cast photo if they knew he was one foot out the door?

• Members

This  is correct. SOD just confirmed he’ll appear in the summer when school is over. 

Right now I’m trying to get caught up so I can watch the Sonya Eddy tribute, but my god the show is so bad right now. I feel like they create these stories and are doing what Y&R does where they drain the drama out of it. Willow looks FINE but they’ve stretched this cancer story out for so long and continue to do so. Wasn’t she on her death bed a month ago? Why is she acting normally and where is the sense of urgency? It’s ridiculous. Then you have Lucy and Anna dead but aren’t actually playing those beats. 

I feel like these writers can only deliver if it’s a big climax but the day to day writing is so bad as they try to stretch these stories out beyond the point of believability. 

• Members

That's the nickname Ryan had for Esme.

I don't think show is that bad. But god do I agree about Willow, she's been on the brink of death for 3 solid months. She's definitely NOT dying so stretching it out like this is the type of pacing that gets soaps parodied. She also doesn't look very ill at all. The actress has just been coming into work with only foundation on. Oh and a ponytail!

The whole Valentin/Lucy/Anna/Victor plot hasn't moved an inch in forever. They've been hiding out in that cabin for at least a month, with Lucy freaking out in the background whole Valentin and Anna sit on the couch sprawled over each other like a couple of teenagers. And Victor is not a good villain! He's not imposing at all and his goal is literally unknown. That isn't enjoyable to watch.

I think Lucy, Valentin and Anna faking their deaths would bother me if the people who really matter to them didn't know the truth. Who amongst their close family/friends doesn't know they're alive? I guess Kevin? Does Robin know Anna is actually alive?

I think Spencer and Trina probably get the best writing out of all the couples on the show, they're clearly very invested in this pairing and the conversations they have reflect that. 

• Members

Agreed. 

It was a beautiful tribute, though there should have also been some pre-Frank flashbacks. It was nice to see how many lives Epiphany really touched. The only thing is, why wasn’t Terry there? They threw Spinelli and Emma in, but they couldn’t get her friend and colleague Terry? 

And, what’s going on with Leslie Charleson? It was nice to hear her voice, but is she retired now?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I don't think the show is that bad either, but when I watch several episodes in a row it's a bit of a chore.  You do feel like you are watching the same characters do the same thing for several hours lol.  Days is probably worse overall, but they change up settings and characters so you at least feel like you are watching different things.

I think GH really excels at doing great moments, tributes, sweeps events, etc, but moves slowly day to day.  There is an almost Guza like structure to the writing where it gears up to sweeps events and lulls out for a few months where hardly any story moves and then it gears back up again for sweeps.  I expect a lot to happen over the next couple of weeks with the 60th.