General Hospital: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The Epiphany tribute was great. I liked how they let the news trickle in instead of outright saying her cause of death, (until the funeral). Elizabeth as the lead was great. In some ways this was the 25th anniversary special episode she didn't get. 

This gives me hope that the 60th Anniversary show will be well done.

Why Y&R is still #1, I have no clue. It's just been let down after let down on that show with the only good episodes being the actor anniversary specials. Their 50th was just was as underwhelming as DAYS'.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Fan campaigns? In 2023? This is crazy, most soap couples are out here holding onto the ghost of their popularity from 20-40 years ago and we have a brand new couple with fans who care enough to get an ad in Times Square. Crazy!

• Members

The slow movement of their story has the side effect of only galvanizing their fanbase. Plus you have two young charismatic actors who know how to use social media and engage with their audience. Plus GH despite low ratings still has more cultural cache than the other soaps left on the air.

• Members

It is a waste.  They’re spending their money on stupid stuff.  They’re spending it on a billboard for a (teen, young —whatever) couple on a soap opera.  I know these are grown women and some men who have bills to pay.  Aren’t these the same fools who got the plane, too?  Come on.  

What is the point of doing such nonsense?  It’s not going to be on the news.  I’m watching David Muir right now.  He didn’t mention it.