Will soaps start firing actors who aren't fully vaccinated?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Disney has mandated it for the majority of its employees and is working with unions on implementation, so essentially if an actor isn't vaccinated at the time it officially becomes a requirement for employment, they'll either comply or lose their jobs. It's unlikely any actor on the soaps will actually get fired in that I'd be surprised if any of them actually don't comply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

These shows are a business, and the last thing they want is to suffer another shutdown.  Once the negotiations are done with the unions, I would expect ABC to be first due to Disney, and then many other productions to follow.  We will see if any of the other soaps do as well.

• Members

So far the performer unions have been on the side of protecting the "rights" of the unvaccinated rather than the protection of everyone, from what I gather. A bit like teacher unions were reflexively at first (and started to 180 after pressure).

I'd be interested in whether the pressure comes from the backstage crew unions but it is hard to know: unions have been all over the place.

• Members

They probably just made everyone get tested and if negative back to work, and perhaps some additional cleaning. Only if a lot of people are positive does it seem like things close like schools as in some places they do not even tell people to quarantine, if exposed regardless of vaccine status it is that insane. They think as long as people in building are masking that is enough.