Will soaps start firing actors who aren't fully vaccinated?

• Members

They’d have better luck with an OSHA complaint. NLG is right to try and pressure the SAG unions. 

The EEOC has made it clear vaccine mandates are legal and employers can fire those who won’t get vaccinated but the emergency approval complicates things. I do think they also have to think about keeping their employees but this cast is so insanely bloated that they can lose quite a few. Unless one of the Holy Trinity are threatening to quit, then they’ll risk everyone’s lives rather than lose them.  

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The fact is Ingo Rademacher should've been fired long before his recent social media ignorant rants. The moment he exposed himself as a bigoted terrorist is when he should've been cut. And now name-calling, mental health shaming and accusing? Stick to being in Hawaii. I have a feeling he's been cut already and is lashing out because he's been cut.

• Members

I had the same thought when I first saw the video.
It seems to me he is setting himself up to be a martyr for "conservative" free speech which is a pretty popular grift on the right. If he is going to lose his job, his backup will be touring the conservative circuit to whie about free speech and intolerant Hollywood liberals.
The Antonio Sabato/Scott Baio/Stacy Dash special if you will.
Maybe he hasn't been fired and this is just his way to pressure them not to do it. But either way he didn't need to double down with a video. There is an agenda there.

But they should have fired Ingo when he publicly insulted NLG repeatedly. So the tough spot they are in now - because I am quite certain the reason they are not imposing a mandate and therefore not firing people is because some of the unvaccinated are "unfirable" - is entirely on them. The signs were there that it would get to this. They should have excise the disease out when it would have been fairly easy.
Now it is going to be PR-costly one way or another.

• Members

I don't give a monkey's bare behind if Rademacher is conservative. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me, at this point, is his blatant support of terrorism and ignorance over this pandemic. He resorted to name-calling and alluded to mental-health shaming. If Disney-ABC enforces their mandate, then they have viable cause to fire his ass. Or they can wait for the period in his contract to say "we're done." Either way, his support over the terrorism of January 2021 should've been more than enough to fire him. Shame on Disney-ABC for not acting then.

His insults of Nancy Lee Grahn are gross, especially in those videos with Maurice Benard, who should've faced some consequence for his involvement.

• Members

This is true, and also why I cited Frank Valentini upthread. When everyone is on that set, be it cast or crew, he is accountable to all of them. The actors have to be unmasked on camera. It's horrible that those for vaccinations have to worry about their health while they film a scene.

Ingo and those like-minded are all about wrapping themselves in their First Amendment rights. Too bad they don't care about the First Amendment rights of others.

• Members

I feel like it's clear that Ingo has an agenda and that is to protect his job.  He will immediately sue if he gets fired and he has a lot of years being part of the cast to at least make a claim.  Some lawyer will take it.   

But it's also very clear he's being sidelined even if he's not outright fired.  The Jason/Carly story should have been a Carly/Jax story.   I just don't understand why they don't mandate vaccines when you are in close contact with other actors.   As someone who got covid after being vaccinated due to another employees lack of vaccine I don't understand how it isn't required.  

Ingo can take a stand being home and unemployed and I always really liked Jax.   What a shame.

• Members

Well, unless his contract stipulates they can’t fire him during a cycle (I would imagine a performer like him would at least have longer than a standard 13 week cycle, I know many vet actors have negotiated for things like yearly cycles over the years) they could easily remove him during the next cycle and move on.

• Members

Idk, he just seems like someone who will double down on this and sue regardless.  I have lawyers in the family lol.  Maybe I am cynical.  

It sucks because I like Jax and Jax/Brenda were my jam in 1998.  I don't like to know about his personal beliefs.  I honestly think they will just have Jax talk to Joss and yell at Carly for a long while unless this Insta stuff becomes so bad they have to fire him.

• Administrator

Let’s try to keep all the soap opera related Covid/Vaccine talk in this thread instead of the show discussion threads.  Also, if you post in here, you don’t have to repost it in the Covid thread in the Off Topic forum.  Thanks. 

• Members

Always did like Vincent D'Onofrio (and his Bobby Goren on Law & Order: Criminal Intent, of which Warren Leight was EP!). This just makes me respect him even more.

Pretty much this. And it's no accident. Contracts, by and large, are actually usually meant to favor the employer.