Will soaps start firing actors who aren't fully vaccinated?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

After reading today about Miles Teller causing a set shutdown after not being vaccinated, I'm glad that for once, a soap is ahead of the curve. If Ingo doesn't like it, then I'm sure he can try to fly his flat ass back home to Australia - oh wait, they might not even let him back in at this point. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I think Jax dying could actually be a good story.  Everything Jax has been preaching about for 25 years would come back and kill him.  It would be pretty epic.    

And Vanessa could come back and cry about it

Please register in order to view this content

which is my true agenda.

• Members

Yeah.  I used to think Ingo was just badly underused for years and I still think he sort of was.  He's never had much to do outside Brenda/Carly.  The only other stories I can remember are the mixed married stuff and some Jerry Jax stuff.  He definitely coasted for the better part of 25 years on having chemistry with his co-stars and being part of Sonny/Brenda/Jax.

• Members

I guess I should include Kelly Monaco in this, since Sam's first GH coupling was with Jax. That was in fall 2003, in the stupid story about the "dead man's hand". 

As I've said before, Ingo is probably reveling in all this attention, negative as it is, because no one ever paid this much attention to his acting. He can't even coast off as a "hunk" anymore.

• Members

I think Ingo's been underutilized at the show for decades. He was great in the '90s but it was a mistake bringing him back in 2001 when he had nothing to do in a bad story JFP and McTavish whipped up with Angel, and he continued to having nothing to do for years as Guza and co.'s contempt grew for the character they had once used so well (this happened to a lot of characters, like Alexis). He only found a solid harbor and purpose on canvas with Carly later, and for years was the only man who treated her right and gave her and her boys a home. I still think losing Jax and that life was a major marker for Carly.

But that's all behind us. I was able to shrug off Ingo's political leanings for a long time, like so many other soap actors, but if he is out here actively advocating against the COVID vaccine my sympathy for Jax and patience with his performer is at an end. He can go.

• Members

I think the KeMo/Sam stuff was to his detriment.  It was hugely unpopular and again it was a story that was right after him being a major part of the Brenda returns stuff so he was pretty visible.  After that story tanked he didn't really do anything until the Carly stuff except randomly marry Courtney which was always a strange pairing.

Ingo may be an ugly person, but I still think he is a very physically attractive man.  He's not as hot as he once was but he hasn't aged badly.

It seems like the show wanted Ingo/Jax, but never had a clear plan for him outside Brenda and later Carly.  He was part of some weird stories like finding Alexis's sister, a triangle with Courtney/Nic, the Sam baby/triangle, but I can't say he's led any story on his own. 

Alexis has had bad stories, but she's definitely led quite a few.  Jax is in a lot of stories, but I can't say there was ever a "Jax" story in the way Alexis had cancer, or alcoholism, or played a butler to get her daughter.

Anyway, the consensus seems to be he can go, but it is interesting to look back at his 25 years on GH and find not a lot memorable there.