Will soaps start firing actors who aren't fully vaccinated?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really think the problem is not what they can't do to *him*. He is expandable. They can fine him or fire him and few people would shed a tear. They'd have plenty of options if it was one or two bad apples.
The problem they have is if, say, a quarter or a third of the cast (and bluntly put, I am convinced the numbers are probably even higher) refuse to get vaccinated, including some "unfirable" headliners, it is almost impossible for them to enforce this without destroying the show or at least really doing harm to it in the short term.
They can't fire that many people and fining them would lead to some later departures they are - rightly or wrongly - desperate to avoid. Legally, they probably could do it but trying to enforce this on that many people would probably escalate it to something unmanageable behind-the-scenes and creatively.
I WANT them to get tough and courageous and realize the show will be fine even without Steve Burton and Lord Knows Who Else. But I also can see why it is such a tough call to make from the pov of producers trying to balance various interests.

Edit: And btw we are talking about GH because on both sides NLG and IR are the most vocal in favor of their position but this applies to all shows. Look at Jacqueline Woods liking IR's post. I imagine B&B producers wouldn't dare impose a vaccine mandate if their leading lady is refusing to get a vaccine.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Great news. 
All the more since, while a lot may cave (I am not as optimistic as Alan but hope I am wrong), IR has gone WAY too out on that limb to be able back out now.
Confirming for me what many of us suspected: that the video was intending to set up his next step as he knew this was coming.

EDIT: Interesting to read the replies. Seems on top of IR and Coloma, which we knew, Brando and Chad Duell are part of that brigade too.
Is it just me or does GH have a serious problem with toxic masculinity?

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I had to laugh at one of the posts I read somewhere...looks like Australia has White Trash too (in regard to Igno).  He and Kimberlin Brown would make a great pairing.  I read his rants on Twitter and I just can't.  I've never seen something so awful.  Every time I think people can't be THAT stupid I'm proven wrong.  He said something about being a lifeguard and it wouldn't keep him from saving someone if he disagreed with them...?????  Jesus.  What a moron.  The healthcare professionals aren't refusing service to people who are unvaccinated.  I don't know what equivalent he was trying to make by arguing over the ether about people disagreeing with his anti-vax attitude but...he sounds like a nut.  What is it with the people who have played the role of Thorne on B&B?