Will soaps start firing actors who aren't fully vaccinated?

• Members

Well, we also do not know if they liked it because of anti-vaccination. They could have liked it because of him standing up for himself (LOL) or for being against vaccination passports/requiring people to vaccination and/or show proof of it. Because I know Lilly Melgar (ex-Lily) posted this on his video: 

“Mandating any vaccine is wrong” ….

Please register in order to view this content

Plus, Rademacher just posted this 11 hours ago, and again, most of those supporting him either have private accounts or no-posts. Hilarious people will hide, yet feel the need to name-call and bully in his comment section, much like he does in his posts. As for Marcus Coloma, Chad Duell and Johnny Wactor, are we sure they are anti-vaxx? I know Coloma wiped most of his Instagram page but three posts (there were more) so it's making me wonder if something happened. Duell I do feel is pretty safe; he's posted having a mask on the set. Wactor I'm pretty sure I've seen that he has been vaxxed. I don't know. Things just seem... I don't even know. I know one of Rademacher's co-stars does not follow him on social media despite him following them. Now THAT speaks volumes to me.  Not to mention, Frank Valentini does not even follow Rademacher. It's bad when your boss does not follow you.

No, he actually wasn't. I think if the writing could've bent a bit more to him than Tyler Christopher he would've been excellent. Plus, again, his chemistry with Maura West was amazing.. though, most people have amazing chemistry with West. Hell, even she has amazing chemistry with herself.

I have never seen clips of his Jax, but I would welcome it!

Plus, seeing "he/him" in his profile kind of warms my heart. Now THAT is inclusion!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He went after a personal friend of mine on Twitter and has blamed my friend for all the blowback he's getting because of what he ha said. he's an outright jerk IMPO, and if I were leading Disney/ABC, he would be fired....TODAY.

• Members

I'm one who doesn't really care what the actors' personal beliefs are as long as they're not obnoxious about them. Like, I don't need Marcus Coloma to be recast because he might be anti-vax. But Ingo? He's completely obnoxious and sounds like an imbecile every time he opens his mouth. He can go. 

• Members

Regarding the argument that we don't know for sure whether liking this post means they are anti-vaxxx.

Sure, I can see scenarios where some ppl may have liked it for other reasons - my personal speculation being about being "supportive of a colleague" since he was complaining about fan campaign to get him fired.

But in any case if you decided to publicly "like" a video full of disinformation, regardless of your reasons, you are at very least enabling a campaign that endangers you and your colleagues. And as far as I am concerned, the burden is now on YOU to prove to us you are not anti-vaxxx. They chose to be supportive of his hateful behavior; it is fair for us to make assumptions now.
There is no possible scenario in which a friend or a family member posting what IR has posted would get a like from me, regardless of my feelings about them. Liking it is giving your support.
So no sympathy from me even if they are actually vaccinated. "I am vaccinated but..." doesn't cut it anymore. If in practice you are enabling anti-vax craziness (and that includes the "But I am against vaccine passes" thing) you are functionally an ally of those who are prolonging this nightmare.
They used social media enough to like IR's post. Nothing prevents them from using it to encourage fans to get vaccinated or talk about their own vaccination status if they don't want us to be misled into thinking their like is anti-vaxxx support. 
I can accept complete silence. But the minute they got off the fence ever so slightly, they opened themselves to legitimate questions and until further notice, that was anti-vaxxx support as far as I am concerned.

Enough finding excuses for everybody. We are on track to lose three quarter of a million fellow Americans to the disease, not to mention those dying of other things because hospital beds are taken by unvaccinated idiots.
Anything short of doing all in our power to stop this tragedy is enabling it and I am going to judge actors whose work I like the same I would anyone else.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

It’s possible MC didn’t even watch Ingo’s video and just Iiked the post without seeing it. Mindless liking on Insta is definitely a thing. Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he unliked it when he realized what it said.  

• Members

And it’s proven to be irresponsible, unwise, and incriminating. Folx are quick to screenshot a “receipt”, a

Please register in order to view this content

has become a signed endorsement. I won’t even like a dear friend’s video without watching it in full.

• Members

So I am catching up on all of this mess and all I have to say is just fire all their asses (anti-vaxxers). It has been long awaited that the power in this genre needs to shift back to the TPTB and not the actors. This can be the perfect start. Make an example. There are a plethora of out-of-work actors that can fill these roles. Hell, a lot of these characters need to be killed off anyway. Time for a good slasher or catastrophe story anyway.