Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Isn't that the typical Hilary pattern? Such a good girl helping Jack, Nick and Cane!  Oh, she's horrible to [insert weakened female character]! Followed by disapproving, holier-than-thou headshaking by Devon, 'cutting Hilary to her core.'  

I hope MY can find a good balance between showing Hilary's many strengths - smart, driven, confident while letting her be accessible and likable, but NOT vulnerable or weak. 

• Members

On what planet could GC Buzz and The Hilary Hour COMPLETELY change focus, style, and content? It’s so ridiculous I can’t even. And Jack gets to call the shots on guests? Huh? I hate it all.

Already sick of hearing how much Jack is juggling with Dina, Jabot, and GCBuzz. Am I supposed to feel something here? Because I don’t.

Why was Victoria dressed in a New Years’ Eve dress for breakfast?

Nikki would not go so far as to get Victor in trouble with the feds. More awful writing.

It was jarring that we didn’t get to see Reed arrive home with JT waiting. Mal calls this good stuff?

The show just doesn’t seem cohesive to me. I feel like I’m watching scenes that play as set pieces....as if they could have been dropped in from some other show. There’s a connectedness that’s missing, and I blame that on Mal Young.

• Members

To be vulnerable is to be human and relatable. Without that element, how can she possibly be likable? Smart, driven, confident without anything else is a mean bitch. I've had enough of that Hilary. Especially since we know that current writers cannot pen that kind of woman well. I'm hoping for other types of stories with her. A backstory, perhaps.

Not only is it missing cohesion, its missing direction. I wonder the point of most scenes. 

Archived