Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THIS... I can't stand him and haven't for a long time. I also feel he should go. He has no story and whatever he does have it is boring and non interesting.

JT was another person I do not feel serves any purpose of coming back at all. Too many other things going on and he isn't needed to me. 

Also from what I see in previews he will be besties with Cane?? UGH to both of them

• Members

TL had more energy and charisma in his 5 second whoosh in than DH has had in 10 months. Just saying. 

At least we know the AH/TL scenes will be good. They always did have chemistry and now that they're divorced (on- and off-screen), I'm certain it'll work. I'm guessing this is a short-term arc for TL. 

• Members

No to Mariah and Scott. I don’t see anything there at all. 

I like CG a lot and she’s a good actress, but haven’t seen a good romantic pairing with her yet. 

Daniel Hall has started to annoy the hell out of me. I resent the way he’s playing Sharon. He can try the solid, mature act, but he’s a skeevy schemer. Abby? I do like MO as a person, but the writers do Abby no favors when they continually fall back on her whiny, immature ways. Do I feel chemistry between Ordway and Hall? No. 

Chelsea? Who cares. MCE is  backburner right now, so I can’t see wasting any time thinking about her contract or whether she should be dropped.

I don’t understand Ashley’s ridiculously short CEO stint, or Ravi’s one day flirtation with Newman. What was it all for?

The Gloria and Dina stuff was hilarious and so good. Really enjoyed it. 

Btw, am I alone in thinking the Abbott living room has shrunken an unbelievable amount? The mantel is now practically bumping up against the coffee table.

• Members

Yeah, I don't see Mariah/Scott chemistry either. I think CG needs a person as sharp as she is who can spar with her, and that person is not currently on this show. She is a rare talent.

They aren't doing Scott any favors by taking an ill-defined "leading man" and immediately making him a cad. And somehow the beleaguered Sharon will be the bad guy in all of this.

• Members

She shared a couple of short scenes with Michael Graziadei and to me, they seemed to click, more so than she has with anyone else when it comes to romantic chemistry.

A Mariah/Daniel pairing would be fascinating on a number of levels.

• Members

I noticed that too. It could be because they worked well together in the past when both were younger and they shared an intense storyline.

I said before that had Summer stayed (or been recast) long ago, Mariah being paired with Fen could've yielded some interesting results. There would've at least been an actual feasible storyline among Y&R's 20-somethings, which is something they don't have now.

I have to state again that AT FIRST, I briefly entertained the notion of Mariah and Scott but once I saw how inept the writing, acting and direction of the character was, I thought it was for the best that they never be paired. 

• Members

Scott, as written, could be the right person for Mariah but the actor is the problem. I'd have paired him with Mariah instead of Sharon at the time. Mariah vs. Abby also would have been more interesting than the show trying to force a rivalry between Mariah and Hilary, who make a ton more sense as friends (well Mariah with an edge, not the Cassiah hybrid).

Agreed on Graziadei and Grimes. I though they could have worked.

• Members

If only a talent like MG would return. And, yes, Mariah/Daniel would be like a twilight zone pairing - Cassie unrequited 'love' that cost her dearly only to be realized by her sister. Lots of angles there from Sharon, Phyllis, Nick, Lily, etc. Too bad it won't happen.

Mariah/Scott/Abby could work out - especially with Tyler history. But there has to be a recast. Conceivably, this could be a future triangle. Sharon boots Scott, Abby discovers she's preggers and leaves town, Mariah picks up the pieces - creating a real conflict with Sharon (and Nick), a jealous Tessa reveals Mariah hitting on her to Noah....

And Mariah biggest ally is Victor: 'I can't believe that loser took advantage of my beautiful daughter...'  OK, that's a stretch because I like CG/EB scenes and it's been an eternity since we've had one. 

Archived