Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't give two shits about JT vs. Billy with Thompson as Billy. No thanks.

Not sure how I feel about the romcom that is Billy and Phyllis.

I didn't dislike today's episode. I liked Abby/Lily. Nick remains useless and pointless. I did like Nick/Victoria though and Hilary shined in her scenes with Cane and Nick, she definitely makes them more interesting.

I see mopey, blah Victoria was back today.

I'm not feeling JT. But I was never his biggest fan lol. Even still it's nice to see him again.

I don't care about Lame. I found it sort of interesting that Cane was 'too busy' for Lily and she was left feeling out of place in his life at the moment. It wasn't awful but I really just don't care about them. We all knew they'd eventually get back together. I agree one of the best things SSM did was break up Lame. And it made Cane interesting for the first time to me so that was a big bonus.

• Members

The Billy and Phyllis romcom stuff didn’t work because the writing was AWFUL, not because JT and GT aren’t good actors. They are. As written, those scenes wouldn’t work with anyone.

That includes David Tom, who did not work on his return to GC. He might be a nice guy, but his chemistry with the other actors was off and awkward. He was replaced because you can’t keep him and replace everyone else. 

• Members

I like the recap and no previews. 

Nikki 'stole' from her husband? And I'm assuming this was with Kevin's help, which happened in past week when Nikki busted him. The dating app stuff was over for two+ weeks then. So it's no really relevant. What am I missing here on timeline? 

DGiH! - I've actually enjoyed PB for the past few weeks. Glad he's sharing more scenes with MM.

I hope the predicted Lame reunion and the Devon final scene appearance turn out to be red herrings and we're surprised with a confident Cane 'seducing' Hilary with Jill busting in on them! A return to status quo for those 4 actors would be a terrible waste. 

JM still has more chemistry with CG than almost any other female, but this isn't B&B so no danger there. 

• Members

Nikki's gonna be identified in the Panama Papers (or the Paradise Papers), LOL.

I have to say that I don't hate the recaps at the beginning of each episode. They don't really add anything but I don't hate them.

Nick has great chemistry with all of his of his onscreen kids (I'm even including Mariah in this). I can say that much. He's a natural as a father.

Although I appreciate the great scenework between MM and PB, I don't like the micromanaging of Hilary's show by Jack. I was never fond of the whole GC Buzz/Hilary Hour mess but the one thing I did appreciate was the fact that it became her show. Now it seems like she's complying with orders.

It's kind of obvious that MY has no idea what to do with Nick and Billy. For now, Nick's an activist but it seems like Billy is totally useless these days. When is Jill returning? Maybe he can take some time away until she returns. He's not needed.

Those Scott/Sharon scenes were all SC. That last scene in the living room with Sharon on the verge of tears felt like good soap but then here comes Scott and his robotic speak to puncture that feeling of nostalgia.

First Sharon's gold lamé dress, now Victoria's one-shoulder cranberry poof dress. This wardrobe dept. is going for 80s big glamour yet missing the mark but it is 1980s, all right.

• Members

I could have enjoyed Sharon and Scott far more if they didn't play the same scene over and over with no resolution. "You're avoiding me." "No I'm not". This would have gone over better had Scott actually been avoiding her instead of standing right there so obviously not avoiding her. 

Same with Hilary and Jack. Every segment in this episode plus the ones they've had the last couple of days have the same dialogue. "you're good now Hilary. I'm proud of you. See, audience, like Hilary again. She's human." "You're a good man jack for taking care of your mom. But audience, don't forget, he's struggling to find balance". 

Archived