Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Remember the time your wife carried my twins? Your son is dating my little girl.

Just saying....

Regressing Sharon to before SSM fixed her is a big mistake. Sharon being so needy for Scott is just ridiculous.

Dickolas the crusader is just as lame.   Billy, get a job.

MY's writing is going so fast. Is he in some sort of race?  Is there an Emmy for "Writer able to tell 800 stories in one month"?

• Members

Sharon's divorce isn't even a year-old and to have her fall so completely in love with Scott is cray-cray. I wish someone like Nikki pulled Sharon aside to tell her she's severely rebounding and to slow it down. Nikki could even show she's being objective by throwing in 'the last thing I want is for you to be free to go after another Newman...' 

No way Mariah would keep the Scabby stuff secret. It doesn't fit her character or her loyalty to Sharon.

Since I'm assuming TL is very short-term, JT being a complete dud, doesn't bother me - just disappointing. The theory Nikki moved Victor's funds after being tied to gun that kill Zack shows how weak this plot point is. Like Victor and Nikki are going to abandon everything and live in a non-extradition country. Please. Instead of this convoluted plot to being JT back. How about a surprise visit to see his son? The drama and tension would still be there with the Newmans. 

• Members

I was glad Nick seemed concerned that Faith doesn't like Scott.  Pro tip: If your daughter tries to give the live in bf the cold shoulder, it's time to start digging in case he's abusive.  Normally Y&R would have glossed right over that or it would have been assumed that Faith was being a brat.

So, I see why people don't love this version of the show, but it's working ok for me. Some of these people are OOC for sure, but others seem deeper and markedly better (Victoria, Abby). Overall, I've seen worse soap. I don't love the way they skip major beats, but I can live with it for now.

• Members

The show isn't bad per se, and definitely isn't on the offensive level of Latham, MAB, and Pratt. However the show isn't very good overall, and the biggest problem is the pacing at the moment. 

There are some things I like, but there are some bizarre on-goings on the show right now that just don't settle right:

• Jack telling Hilary that he now calls the shots for the Hilary Hour?

Please register in order to view this content

• JT returning to town being a non-event with JT being like he's Ronan Malloy?
  • Faith seeing Scott and Abby kiss was good; Mariah telling Scott she won't tell Sharon is incomprehensible
  • Kevin's back in town?
  • Nikki embezzling funds from Victor? 
  • Cane and Lily reunion hinted but these potential nannies are in the way?  

• Members

Nikki must be the one who bought Chancellor Park. She's never seemed to have any access to Victor's big bucks, so it's probably the only way she could get enough money to do it.

At first I thought buying Chancellor Park was a return story for Jill, but it all seems to be focused on the Newmans. I don't see how Jill would fit in at this point, but Nikki would.

• Members

Well, one problem is Jess wants to basically be retired, but I feel like she and the show could work something out where her absences aren't so glaring. I get Jess doesn't want to have Jill on doing nothing but sometimes her presence is very much needed.

It's also glaring how absent Traci is and how the Winters' clan needs Olivia or Mamie (preferably both) as a talk-to. Lily shouldn't always confide in Neil about every thing.

I also wish there was a place on the canvas for Nina (although I think there could be).           

I also feel like we're in a rut cast wise. There's been a lot of missed potential over the last decade and I don't think the show has set itself up as well as it could be.            

• Members

I heard it was just a minor role that took 3 days of filming, but her excitement about it makes me thing she really wants to work.

I don't really believe Jess wants to be semi-retired, I think some viewers think that because that's what she said when she left under MAB. When she returned under JFP she said she had left because Y&R wasn't interested in Jill anymore.  And it wasn't back then, MAB wanted her gone.

Earlier this year, at the Daytime Emmy's, JW did a video interview with Michael Fairman. She said she was up for coming back to Y&R however they wanted her. That says to me it's Y&R, not her, that is preventing her from being on more often.

Archived