Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They do need the help and agreed it won't be enough. I completely agree they don't have "it". On paper I could get behind Scott and Abby but the actors make it difficult, moreso Daniel Hall ... I really really really hope Sharon doesn't get tossed under the bus for them but I see the writing on the wall and especially with the last few episodes and how Sharon is acting and how Case is playing it. Sigh.

Good comparison with them on Morrow and all of his love interests. They always tank. And I'm not blaming the talented (minus the BROADWAY SUPERSTAR of course, who is terrible) women he was paired with.

I agree with everyone else that MY sees himself in Scott, hence trying so hard to make him work.

• Members

DH alone is a problem. But MO is still just so grating. She borders on shrill. Too bad cause I do love her as a person. 

I still say that Scott should have been paired with Mariah. I thought sure he was headed  for GC Buzz and her. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would have worked either. But I don't know why they took a turn to Abby and I refuse to believe they cast a writer/journalist to work at Newman. It's senseless. Scott is a bore but he's largely been wasted as  Abby's 4th failed pairing in as many years. 

There is nothing else for Chelsea to do. So it's going to be a long while. 

• Members

Yeah I agree on MO. I don't totally dislike her and I think there's potential there. I've sort of enjoyed Abby vs. Victoria lately.

Scott and Mariah would have been a good choice. I could see the two actors working well together. I never would have thought of them but I could see it. I also don't understand the shifts they've done with Scott. It felt forced putting him at Newman and that was because they wanted him in Abby's orbit.

And yep on Chelsea and Victor breaking her and Nick up. She'd have nothing to do otherwise. And they don't seem to want to get rid of Egan so ....

• Members

That's got to be it. I don't dislike MCE but Chelsea is a nothing character. And yeah it's clear MY has no interest in any of that. The Victor/Nick feud and Victor forcing Chelsea to let him spend time with the brat should be leading up to the reveal but instead we have Nick "fighting for Chancellor park" and Chelsea doing nothing.

• Members

The one-day 180 of Ashley giving up CEO position is just terrible. Not only is it sexist, but also illogical. 

The Jack video call with Dina in background was way too 'real' for me. My mom has issues similar to Dina so I go home every other week to spend time with her, but I have to do business. Earlier this year, I had to conduct a one-hour phone presentation from the back of my rental - a Dodge Ram(!) - in the driveway because she wouldn't stop interrupting.  While I dislike what they've done with Dina and the lovely MA, the accuracy in a lot of the actions and dialogue is spot-on - especially the random lashing out. 

I was dead at preview of Lily's reaction to what Abby told her. 

Scott/Mariah could've been worth exploring. 

• Members

When I first saw the Scott character, I immediately thought they might pair him with Mariah and wondered if their first interaction (I think it was at CL) might have been a "chem test" but seeing how inept Scott is (and let's face it, a lot of blame goes to DH), it was probably for the best.

Although to be honest, her pseudo-pairing with Tessa hasn't done much for the character either.

Archived