Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I agree...I'm over Mariah being  constantly centered in others stories to give her something to do while the persons who should be centered are pushed to the side. This story would be far more entertaining had Sharon found out, confronted Scott, him lie while Sharon set a trap to catch them.  *sigh* I'll never forget her in that matching lingerie needling Nick when she found out about his affair with Phyllis. That was good soap. 

+1

I thought Jess originally left because the show made it clear that she wouldn't be written for. She should now either come back full time or just fully retire. Her coming in and out doesn't work for me. 

I don't understand why Traci isn't around on a regular basis. It's not like BM doesn't want to work.  But I guess TPTB thinks Mamie and Olivia are too big reminders of Drucilla and they can't have that. 

I would say that Nina won't return until one of her son's return. But then I think about how Scott hasn't brought any story to Lauren. So probably not. 

Exactly how I remember it. 

• Members

At this point, Mariah's part in this story is the least of this story line's problems.

Their first problem is the fact that Sharon and Abby are both clinging to Scott, a human bot, in the first place. The looks (although it is a soap opera) are secondary to the fact that he's got no personality to speak of, no charisma and very little charm.  He's not even able to pull off a "lovable cad" like 80s Jack Abbott or Tad Marting (AMC), he's just a cad that I wish I didn't have to see as much of.

This is a huge stumbling block to the entertainment value of the story.

Most of the scenes between Sharon and Scott, Sharon looks like she's acting alone in the scene.  

Abby and Scott are on more equal footing but that's not saying much to me.  Abby displays far more chemistry in her scenes with Victoria. Sure, it's all combative chemistry but chemistry nonetheless.

• Members

We recently had a conversation about him being Mal's self insertion. He's either what Mal sees himself as or what Mal wants to be. 

I've always said that DH and Scott would be better served in story with his family playing out abandonment issues instead of as this desirable stud that two beautiful women are fighting over. I don't buy that either Sharon or Abby would want Scott. I just don't. That may be in part because I don't want Scott and I can't imagine a world where anyone would. 

• Members

I am not thrilled with Daniel Hall, but the show does need a man of Scotty's age on the show, if not him. We've all complained about the lack of viable 20-40 year old men on the canvas in recent years. I mean, Bryton is IT in that age range as far as contract actors. There are too many actresses on this show just floating aimlessly.

• Members

Why is Chelsea still on the show? It appears Mal is not interested in bringing Adam back and she and Nick are nonexistent. She has no ties to GC. She should be fired.

Heck Y&R could fire a lot of the cast. Most don't even have a story or have if you blink you miss their one day story arc.

• Members

I'm sure if Justin Hartley hadn't booked This Is Us, Adam would still be devouring the show. 

Not saying that Nick or Billy are these great characters. Just that the show has seen them as somehow indispensable in recent years, which is also a huge problem. Y&R's leading men are ciphers.

Archived