Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It really doesn't matter who Noah is paired with or others for that matter when the writing for the show is atrocious!

The show doesn't have anything going on. The only story it has is Mariah keeping Scotty and Abby's kiss a secret from Sharon. And Scotty and Abby keeping their one night romp a secret from Sharon. Nothing else is happening on this soap. It is pathetic.

• Members

Who wrote that crap when Nikki was living with Deacon in that roach-infested motel?  That was better than this.

Please register in order to view this content

Where's John Enos? MTS has been hinting for years that she'd love to work again with him. Raise Bobby Marsino from the missing (and presumed dead) and make it appear as if he were in witness-protection. All the mob kingpins that had beef with him are either dead or in jail, bring him back and put him in Nikki's orbit.

(I know I've said this before but maybe someone's listening. Mal, I made Sally an offer to write a story for her, I'm extending the offer to you, old chap!)

If we're not going to get storylines with any depth or logic, can we at least get some passion on this show? Damn!

• Members

Now that might be interesting, but only if there is some serious conflict.  Maybe Cane coming hard at Noah.  Anything involving Noah needs conflict because he is one wet noodle.

Hillary/Noah actually could work. In the same way Blair/Asa worked.

There is no way in hell someone like Hillary goes for Noah unless it's all about the dollars. This show tends to shy away from gold diggers unfortunately. There's nothing I love more in soaps.

• Members

Smart move, I can't blame them.

Well, bring back Carmine from witness-protection then. He could get it and frankly was a better actor than DH.

After Sharon and Scott break up, slot Carmine in there, it'll unnerve Lauren.

This show needs it, it lacks spice!

I forgot about Jill. I'm just going to wait and see, because I know they did not just bring her back to facilitate Jack's storyline!

• Members

As things stand, Hilary is the only woman this show has painted as a gold digger. 

Speaking of thirsty, I guess DG took up the gauntlet when Y&R hired DK and promptly stripped Jordan bare next to Cane. He's clearly been working on his body. He posted a picture pretending like he's just starting his fitness journey when it's clear by his pose that he thinks he's hit his goal. 

Sadly. Which is why I don't get folks here advocating for the only other young black woman to also be paired/tied to him. He's ruined lily. I'll be damned if he's allowed to finish ruining Hilary. 

• Members

The 'previously on Y&R' makes more sense given the current state of the show to "speed up stories," but I do miss the "next on Y&R."

Overall, the show is a solid B to me. The Abby/Scott stuff went from unbearable (when they had Abby bickering and bad directing for the actress) to tolerable (I like that Mariah is involved and the twist with Faith seeing Scott/Abby). 

JT return has been pretty good so far.

I always love to see Jill/Jess!

Agreed for the most part.

I don't mind Mariah not telling Sharon because all she knows is that they kissed, and Sharon has been hurt before. If Mariah knew they had sex, then there would be no way she could keep that a secret.

Nikki embezzling funds from Victor is odd... but it gives MTS something to do.

Cane and Lily must never get back together. 

Kevin being back in town is unnecessary, show does not need him.

EDIT: Anybody have the scenes of the Dina/Gloria almost catfight? I missed that one :-(

• Members

Are any of you who called for Sally’s firing sorry yet? Because this sh_it is sad.

They brought Thad Luckinbill back for this? Another 3-day story arc? Seems over except for whatever torture Victor will inflict AGAIN on Nikki. Meanwhile, Dumb & Dumber Scott and Abby complain about “working together on the case” while they go from having coffee at CL to having drinks at the GCAC.

And my God, I’m sick of the same banter between them every day. It’s pathetic. Scott’s regressed into an immature brat so he fits in better with immature brat Abby. I don’t see how MO should be blamed for anything when the writing for Abby is so schizophrenic.

Jack can buy Chancellor Industries on his own? HUH??? Ashley is desperate to call a board meeting to stop it, which is ridiculous. You shouldn’t have to stop something that could NEVER happen. Business stories from hell.

i love Jess Walton. I mean, I LOVE her. But her return was a bust for me. Selling CI is not believable. Of course, neither is the Cane 4 week turnaround to make Chancellor a business wonder.

And who worked on Jess’ face? I prefer the wrinkles and the natural look — or at least filler that looks natural. Her face was too full and her eyes looked off/different to me. Disappointed.

There isn’t a single storyline that intrigues me. Most are of the “is that all there is?” variety. Then there’s something like Dina’s story. I love Marla Adams, but when I see her, I immediately think she has only a very short time left because Mal Young will move on.

Young hasn’t improved one thing over Sally. 

• Members

Nikki 'stealing' from her husband is worth the beyond-logic 'prison' and the Rassy-worthy confessional to JT, if it sends the arsonist/predator off canvas permanently. 

Jill wants to sell CI to help poor, but swoops in on a helicopter? 

Cane shutting down Aunt Jack was the only scene that felt legit.

Aunt Jack wanting all this publicity for himself, I mean Jabot, snatching CEO from Ash, working from home, but he's really all about caring for Dina. Not buying it. 

Isn't there some happy medium for storytelling between glacial Sally and Plotpoint Pratt on steroid? The show does have energy and movement, but it's running past all the stories. 

• Members

The 'stories' are illogical, poorly plotted and paced.This constant buying and selling of major businesses within days.

Maybe its a budget thing, but Mal has stated that he wants stories to revolve around the current cast, so the same people will be onscreen constantly and plots will be imposed upon them.

He probably has about a year. If the ratings and demos fall, Mal will walk the plank like those before him.

Archived