Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This might sound stupid, but if I were writing I would just have to find a way to end this whole "Ashley isn't an Abbott" garbage when John raised her as his own and she was his favorite.  Can we please find out that paternity test was screwed up, and Ashley actually is John's daughter...I hate to "rewrite history" but it's been done before and it's not like any of that actually was seen on screen.  Dina's affair with Brent or whoever was backstory we never saw.  Ashley was an adult when she was introduced.

I say Jack has complete kidney failure, and Ashley is a perfect match and somehow through a DNA test they find out they share paternity somehow.  I'd have to do research but there must be some way.

• Members

I don't recall a paternity test being done, but who cares? I've been arguing for this twist since Dina returned. It would be awesome. It's also plausible since clearly Dina and John were sleeping together since Traci was born years later. 

The whole Abbott story has turned so ugly now - from Dina's rapid decline, Jack being Victor, Ashley turning into a ice-cold B, Billy is completely lost and Traci is being wasted - she should be taking numbers and calling them out left and right - but she's just there with zero impact.

And Jack's biggest allies are Phyllis who cheated on him and The Worm who 'killed' John and poisoned his half-niece? Insane. 

• Members

If done correctly, that ultimate irony of Jack turning into Victor, could be excellent. But it seems like they don't know who Jack is going to be. One minute, he's a doting son who is ready to drop everything to be by his mother's ailing side. The next minute, he's on a rampage. Sure, it can be said that Ashley provoked him, but that's just an easy cop out. 

Give the characters some depth, please.

• Members

Friday's episode was a new low for Y&R.  Mal is now nearly on par with Latham.  The Jack/Ash scenes, culminating in the slap, just total poop. And they decide to put Billy beefcake in his xmas undies on the Christmas Eve episode.  William Bell was all for daily partial male nudity but I think he drew the line at having his main characters prance around the living room on Christmas Eve!  

• Members

The Nikki/Paul/Christine stuff felt labored and who cares about Cane/Lily, but I thought the Jack/Ashley scenes were ok in isolation. I prefer seeing them battle instead of another Jack/Victor rehash, and it follows up on story that Sally had set up. The details seem not to be fully thought through, though.

• Members

Watched today's Christmas Special and it was surprisingly well done and actually felt heartwarming especially coming off of Friday's disastrous episode, despite its flaws like the glaring lack of any family time in these vignettes. 

Somebody needs to do a complete overhaul of the Abbott family at this point in time. Mal Young is NOT the person to do it though. 

Archived