Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

"Back in my day" don't we always criticize others for being reluctant to change. The Christmas episode was well done, and that Hilary arc was surprisingly poignant. Merry Christmas y'all, hope you guys were able to find some joy in the holiday seasons! :-) 

That sounds just as bad to be honest. Enough with undoing "mistakes," and just move on with what we have. Look what happened when they tried to correct Cane being Jill's son, and Jill/Katherine being mother/daughter. It's unnecessary and too much time has passed to have any real impact.

The Abbott family actually resembles closest to a real family on this show. They kind of remind me of the "Rogers," it's a family owned cable/telecommunications company here in Canada with all the dysfunction with trying to take control of their father legacy.

Since when. Pool boy Brad in a speedo, showing Doug Davidson bare buttocks says otherwise.

There is a fine balance between respecting history of the show, and moving it forward to new audiences. Unfortunately, not many writers have gotten it right, but I say Mal so far has done some decent research in understanding the history of the show, but I will agree with the poster who said the ideas are solid, but the execution can use some more work.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

These days the show is best watched as a series of vignettes!

Please register in order to view this content

Especially since the stories lack cohesion and the plot lines are known to reverse every other day.

I've been watching scenes and episodes in a vacuum (with no connection with what has come before or what is to come) for well over a month now.

• Members

I assume we’re supposed to feel bad for Ashley in the Abbott war, but I’m team Jack. Ashley started everything when she got power hungry as the interim CEO, she also became an unsympathetic raging bitch. So yeah, I’m not really feeling any sympathy for her right now despite Jack going Dirty.

• Members

Nick is worthless  Nikki and Victor might as well have only had Victoria. Nick is nonexistent.

Are we suppose to be rooting for someone? Cause none have any rooting value after today. Ashley slamming into Traci was horrible. Now is the time for the Real Jill to show up and take control of Jabot and become CEO of the company.

• Members

Jack dropped everything? Huh? I’ve seen him walk out of the Abbott house a half dozen times in the past week, leaving Dina with Ashley or Mrs. Martinez. I don’t see him doing much of anything for his mother.

And crap from his own siblings? You mean the one sibling he says isn’t a real Abbott and the other sibling he bashes for causing his daughter’s death?

Ashley got power hungry and was an unsympathetic raging bitch for a few episodes, sure....but she’s done NOTHING to compare to the ugliness out of Jack’s mouth. Jack has been vile and disgusting.

it’s pretty bad when I hate Jack Abbott more than I hate Victor Newman.

To be fair, Traci criticizes Ashley for the war with Jack, but doesn’t tell Jack a thing. Ashley’s “slamming” of Traci was nothin good like Jack’s takedowns of Ashley and Billy.

My problem with the scene was that Traci had no good comeback for Ashley. I like the tears, because it’s all real and heartfelt with Traci, but the writers had her walk out. Ugh.

• Members

The biggest problem with the Abbott story isn't Jack & Ashley (who are surprisingly in character) but that it's poorly plotted and not REALLY focusing on the Abbotts as a whole.

Unfortunately Y&R is gonna ruin this story when it has the potential to run at least 5 or 6 more years (in its current incarnation) alone.

Archived