BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Members

I really see a lot of potential with Pete/Celia, too, but the main complaint I had was that they got so much airtime as a couple when we didn't get to know them individually first. I'm also hoping whatever happened to Celia causes her to get crazy when Colby shows up and starts drawing some of Pete's attention away from her. But I really need more scenes of both Pete & Celia with other characters too.

My favorite is purple. Bottoms up!

From the press release when they announced they were cutting the shows to 2 days, it sounded like they expected more viewers to watch both shows. I did watch the OLTL 3-week catch-up Hulu just put out, but I can't quite bring myself to watch the actual show yet. Maybe this weekend I'll try again.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While upheavel so soon is maybe not good in the short-term, in the long run I think this is a good decision, as far as AMC goes. It never made sense to me why at least one of the Co-HWs had at least some history with the show... Lisa Connor I feel is who they should have went with all along... and I am thrilled to see Joanna Cohen back in the mix. She was the best script writer at AMC those last few years on ABC.

I love it how Agnes is taking charge... I have to wonder if it was her who pushed for it?

• Members

I think the AMC change sounds like a smart move. Im enjoying the hell out of OLTL so i was more surprised by this change but it seems like just promoting the people who have been responsible for what we''ve seen so far. Thom might have been more expensive so I suppose that makes sense. PP is going to drive us all mad with their constant news drops but I'm taking this one as a positive sign that they are making plans for the future and do intend to return to taping in August as they said. I think they rushed into production and should have launched in June but at least they seem be trying to adjust & remain invested in the shows

• Members

I only watched the first ep of OLTL then, based on the excited reaction I saw on the net, I checked out the one where Victor punched Todd in the neck. (Because that's kind of a dream of mine. Like kicking Ryan Lavery in the balls.) I was very impressed with the strides Kelly Missal has made as an actress. I also found Corbin Bleu a naturally engaging performer and, of course, I adore TSJ but at the end of the day I just can't get past my dislike for the character of Todd. It's amazing to me that I now loathe that character as much as I once loved him. I have no interest in him or any of his wives, kids, or siblings. Todd has become the Victor Newman of OLTL.

• Members

Agreed. I think they rushed to get everything done in order to meet the deadline and keep the rights for the shows from reverting back to ABC and now that they don't have to worry about that anymore, they are looking back at what they really wanted to do and trying to get back to that. I think the writers were little more than temps, only they didn't know it. They were just placeholders to get this venture launched.

Honestly, I think we'll see another round of changes to management and crew relatively soon.

• Members

If they fire Pepperman for Chris Goutman I swear to God I will be sorely tempted to stop watching. I cannot deal with that man or his people, some of whom have what appear to be short-term new roles.

• Members

Honestly I don't think they have any problem with the exec producers. U have to understand this is a new venture experiment undertaking they don't have anything to compare it to. So they are learning as they are perfecting it to be the best.

• Members

I think it's only logical that we would see actors from ATWT and GL appear on these shows. These are actors who are based on the East coast and have experience with the soaps and, in some cases, theatre. This may also be a good way to attract some of the people who watched P&G soaps. This may have nothing to do with Goutman and simply be a case of leveraging the available talent pool. JMHO.

• Members

I think PP had until the end of Feb to start filming or the rights would have gone back to ABC. Now that the rights are firmly with PP, they have taken time to study audience views and how the writing is going.

Hoping for the best :)

Archived