BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Having everyone meet in a writers room doesn't impact anything. Case in point: Bill Bell's Y&R writing team. He wrote from LA, his co-head Kay Alden was in Chicago and Jack Smith was in Hawaii. Their meetings were over the phone and we know how successful Y&R was during his tenure. With Skype and tele-conferencing, writers don't need to sit across a table from each other.

• Members

PP is a mess. They've royally screwed up the relaunch of these two iconic shows, rolling them out way too fast, and making major blunders along the way. McPherson/Snyder/Racina never got a chance to roll out their work. Who replaces head writers after three weeks of air shows? At least give them a couple of months to fine tune and adjust. I don't think Aggie gets a free pass on this either. She's the consultant. She must have approved the story, breakdowns and scripts. There's something else going on here.

• Members

LOL my god you can never win can PP. If the shows continued to not to do well, fans would have said why didnt they make changes sooner?. PP is actually being proactive and gets [!@#$%^&*] on. Unbelievable

• Members

If someone feels that way, they're entitled too, just like you're entitled to think PP walk on water and are all sparkles and rainbows. I HATE HATE HATE the attitude that no one is allowed to say anything bad about PP, that you're not a real fan unless you think they poop rainbows and butterflies

• Members
What does this mean???? unsure.png

Money, money, money...who ain't got any?

@ErrolLewis r u offering because resistance to money is not futile smile.png

@soapfanfiction not I, but someone/something needs it and fast!

Going to hell in a hand basket....

Remember what happened today on Tuesday. You'll need the liquor then, I promise.

After being positive all this time, I just can't park it anymore. Sorry peeps.

• Members

Guess even Errol is throwing in the towel. Is PP making an cancellation announcement on Tuesday? That's a bit soon. Maybe they're cutting some vets on both shows.

Call me naive but I can't give up after 3 weeks. But if it's over so be it.

• Members

I, for one, am sick of the "drama" from PP. They should have taken the utmost care possible in choosing the exact best fit for head writers BEFORE they launched these shows. If Agnes wanted someone with history with the show, why not hire Lisa and Chip out of the gate? She sings their praises now, but why didn't she push for them if history with the show matters so much to her? PP is paying her as the consultant. They supposedly respect her as a creator and storyteller. This is all so half-ass. First cutting back on the episodes now this. Who wants to invest with so much turmoil?

• Members

Agreed. PP should have left AMC alone. Let McPherson/Snyder's work play out over a few months then evaluate. PP was way too quick on the draw on this one.

Agreed. PP should have left AMC alone. Let McPherson/Snyder's work play out over a few months then evaluate. PP was way too quick on the draw on this one.

• Members

PP is in uncharted territory. There didn't have to be THIS much drama but considering this is the first time anything like this has been attempted nobody really knew what to expect and there is no business model to fall back on.

That said I embrace the drama and I'm loving each and every juicy tidbit that comes out. We all knew that this was way ambitious and had a long shot of succeeding. I for one am rooting for success.

Archived