BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the filmed episodes will air, but I think any unfilmed scripts won't be filmed.. and that the new regime will spend June/July writing new episodes in time for filming in August.

I always thought it weird that AMC filmed first, considering that OLTL had writers/headwriters/and all actors mostly in place before AMC did.

I think the promoting of scriptwriters to head-writers will change the show, but I think they will be able to resolve previous regime stories in a less jarring way (since they were there at the start of the story formations).

Plus, I bet AMC not having all writers meet in a writing room affected things (since I read both head writers were Calfornia based... so perhaps all writers will now be east coast based maybe?)

• Members

Yeah there's potential but so much has to be re-worked, with both characters and as a couple. I actually saw immense potential for them in the first episode, more than with AJ and Miranda. I'm surprised how much things have shifted in my opinions in such a short time. They need to bust out the crazy gothic story they have in the works for Celia because I can't with this Selma Blair from Cruel Intentions wannabe. Not here for that! As for Pete...I don't know. Rob is a natural but the change in his character is almost too much for me. I like that he resembles James so much but I don't appreciate his squinty eyes apparently being capable of conveying only one emotion: I wanna [!@#$%^&*] you, Celia. It's getting really old and actually creeping me out a bit, especially because of her naivety.

• Members

I should hasten to add that these new teams do all have a healthy background in daytime while also having worked in primetime, which is something the new shows have clearly been trying for the pace of from the start - changing and modernizing the rhythm of the shows, which I think is right. And I've really enjoyed their work as part of the prior team, but I would hate to think of an OLTL with no one with a background at the show at all. AMC has two people who've been there for some time, plus a clearly very engaged Agnes. I just don't think losing both Racina and Horgan is a good idea.

I don't see these shows as in trouble at all - except maybe the Celia storyline on AMC, which I think is okay but weak on its lead character - and I just don't see a need to rock the boat so soon. But if they can all maintain the quality and tenor of the shows being put out - specifically, in stuff like the Viki/Jeffrey/Banner story and the kids on OLTL, and not dumping something like Nora's upcoming story - I will be fine with it. I think new, current blood at OLTL is important and good, not just trading on the past, which is what Ron Carlivati ultimately did far too much of.

Archived