BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Members

I agree with Prospect Park's decision to replace the head writing team for All My Children. However, I particularly want to thank Marlene McPherson and Elizabeth Snyder for their incredibly positive dedication to the show and their constant helpful attitude during many long hours of intense work. It is greatly appreciated.

Agnes Nixon

Interesting.

PP loves drama. It's not daytime anymore. It's anytime. That's for sure.

They changed writers and they dropped the daily soap format within a month. Someone should interview these people.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm looking at this like the probationary period at a new job. If someone isn't cutting it, get rid of them in the first 90-120 days. Better than keeping them around hoping they get better only to have them sitting there a year later not cutting it. Same goes for the employee, you usually know within the first few months whether the job you got is one you want to keep.

• Members

As much as I have been enjoying both shows I feel this is a good thing. I am especially happy with the AMC changes by using people that have an extensive history with show. With OLTL on the other hand I am optimistic that these new writers to the genre will really shake things in a good way. I am still choosing to believe in PP and I truly believe they want this to succeed. They have a lot riding on this too.

• Members

What I like is that they are replacing the head-writers with people already on the staff. I had a feeling jessica Klein would be made co-head wirter due to the interview in the writers room.. though I worried when she said that Robin Strasser had better ideas then she for Dorian (though props for talking to the actors, one of the 10 items from Douglas Marlands list).

If the change to 2 episodes/week means faster pace, then I could see why they are replacing Marlene/Elizabeth. What is Lisa Connor like as a writer? Chip hayes is weak as writer, but he could be great with ideas.

• Members

Well, this news does not surprise me at all. Both shows are PP babies so they call the shots. Reducing to 2 episodes and now this new news and all the spin and fluff from PP with their statement. Vincent Irizarry coming out with his own thoughts/opinions. Now Jill Larson saying Bring Back Tad.

I am thinking that this new team will drop storylines currently running like a hot potato and re-boot the re-boot, overhauling the entire show.

Next news coming out will be that Ginger Smith is replaced as Ex. Producer (Maria Arena Bell being dumped for Jill Farren Phelps quickly from Y&R)).

All these sudden rapid Breaking News events. What I really am curious about is WHAT EXACTLY DOES PP WANT? WHAT ARE THEY REALLY, REALLY LOOKING FOR? HOW DO THEY REALLY WANT ALL OF THIS TO BE?

• Members

Cause Aggie viewed AMC as her baby, and OLTL as less important, imho. Only cause she stayed more involved in AMC then she did in OLTL.

Cause Aggie viewed AMC as her baby, and OLTL as less important, imho. Only cause she stayed more involved in AMC then she did in OLTL.

Btw, is JOanna Cohen any good? How about Tara Walsh?

Interesting that OLTL is only having 2 script writers.. and AMC has 3 to 4 script writers.

Btw, is JOanna Cohen any good? How about Tara Walsh?

Interesting that OLTL is only having 2 script writers.. and AMC has 3 to 4 script writers.

• Members

Until ABC starts to conspire against PP to take back both shows. Already in litigation as it is. ABC SID reported this change. Something is going on that none of us know about.

Vincent and Jill coming out with their statements this week, Jill saying bring back Tad, maybe Susan coming back rumors???

• Members

Yeah, AMC didn't have much time to throw a team together from what I remember. Did Agnes Nixon announce the AMC writers last time? If she didn't, I'll take this as a good sign, but overall I'm not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, I'm glad the new headwriters know AMC better than McPherson/Snyder, but on the other hand, they were around for Frons' reign, which scares me that they might try to focus the show on 4 or 5 characters. Given their shared Melrose Place history, will Chip Hayes be as bad as Pratt was? Can Lisa Connor balance him out? I'm uncomfortable but somewhat excited.

Archived