BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If U liked the scripts at OLTL then U should love the new HW's sonce they wrote the most of the scripts we have seen on air

Alex Douglas who remainsa sciptwriter was great so far. This new guy, Jed has great tV credits, OLTL is in good hands imo

• Members

I welcome the change. It's what PP told me to do, so I must obey.

No, seriously. From the jump, I wanted people with AMC experience at the helm, and I'm happy we're getting that. I was enjoying the show, but I'm not Marlene's BFF nor is she my mother-in-law, so I have no reason to resent the fact that two decent writers with years of experience in Pine Valley are going to be taking over.

My favorite flavor of Kool-Aid is red.

• Members

I agree that Jessica Klein & Marin G were the best script writers.. plus I liked Jessica K in her interview. She seems like she is open to talking to the actors.

I think had Susan H not left, then I think Thom R would have been safer. I know Erika S. liked having Susan H handle writing for her. Perhaps, there is enough foundation set down by Susan H/Thom R that the promoted writers will pick up and carry on.

Plus, it will be several episodes before we see the change so I bet Bo/Nora's story will have started by then.

• Members

Hallelujah regarding the AMC change -- some kind of change was needed -- although I am not sure Lisa Connor and Chip Hayes will be any better.

Marin Gazzaniga has been by far the best script writer at OLTL. However, I'm sad to see Racina go -- the only complaint I had with the writing of the stories so far was that he was too choppy. Jessica Klein's scripts seem good, but she was not liked when she head wrote at ATWT.

• Members

So stories will play out at least for a while. This is good news or not so good news depending on how you look at it. I can only hope the previous writers made some improvements to the Pete/Celia story.

• Members

I don't think response to the shows has been overwhelmingly positive ... I have found AMC to be lacking in depth, and there have been quite a few other posters who felt it was mediocre. I feel this change was needed at AMC.

Also, LeClerc, I agree it's great that Joanna Cohen is back as a script writer.

• Members

they are also now combining the Friday shows. I really don't have a problem with these deciisions, I get that they want more of a primetime feel to broaden the audience and I suspect they are also looking to cut costs without chopping the audience in half. Truthfully, my only issue is that they cothosuldn't have made these decisions before taping. I get learning as you go, but the speed with which they are changing everything makes them look like they don't know what they are doing, plus they are loosing trust within the audience. I honestly believe if they had been advertising the shows as a once a week hour long program from the start, or twice a week 30mins a piece, People would have been just as excited.

And with them combining the Friday shows it is even more evident they are hoping to create audience crossover. Not going to happen, I watch both, but am more loyal to AMC. I just think people form viewing habits and patterns and they tend not to change them

• Members

The two days a week is making more sense to me now as it is saying PP wants to make these shows more primetime shows. Marin Gazzinga comes from HBO and Jessica Klien was head writer/executive producer of 90210 the original for six or seven years. They have experience and I think Thom Racina was a goner once SBH left as she was the one who hired him. I think OLTL is good hands with this change. With AMC much smarter to go with peole who have history with the show. I think we are blaming PP but they are learning as there going whats workng and whats not. Its not like they have anythng to copy from. It can take awhile to nail things down. I see this as PP being invested in the show.

Archived