BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Members

What could the announcement be that will have people running for a bottle?

RH will not be coming back to OLTL
PP is making cast cuts (mostly vets)
OLTL/AMC are cancelled
OLTL/AMC will be airing 1 day a week, every other week

The shows are being shortened to 15 minutes

OLTL stops filming, goes on hiatus

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THey've been airing for 3 weeks, but PP and the EP's have seen them film for 10 episodes per week, plus have access to long term story. They're not basing this off of 3 weeks that have aired. I don't know why people keep mentioning that.

Something that DOES have me worried is Errol's tweet that we'll need liquor after Tuesdays news. Of course this may have nothing to do with PP and all this recent wackiness, but of course it does lol. This is turning into a mess.

• Members

Maybe the shows are going to one day a week.....lol.....This sure is a hot mess....I haven't even tuned in for this weeks 2 show offering...I have fallen behind episodes....I've kind of lost interest with the whole 2 days only episodes.

• Members

Both....the 4 week episodes(more AMC) was dragging. I can just imagine how slow it will get with 2 episodes a week. If it is staying at 2 a week or 1 a week it needs to be Knots type of soap where something happens every episode to keep you watching for next week. I'm just seeing the writing on the wall and losing interest fast.

• Members

As much as it is great that CBS actors are getting roles on OLTL it's the wrong move where the show is concerned. They need to concentrate on their characters not new ones unless the CBS actors will be recasts of famous OLTL characters. Ron is a good actor but he can be so cartoonish and overbearing at times in his acting.

I thought of watching the shows tonight but decided not to....I might this weekend who knows....PP doesn't have a clue...they are so lost in all of this...

• Members

Prospect Park seems committed to making this work. A properly run shows get tweaked when necessary and this is almost certainly related to the change in episode order. So far, it seems like there is a cohesive vision for both shows and I don't think that will change.

• Members

Don't think it's cancellation if they just rolled out writing and casting press releases but oy vey. Another schedule change would be absurd after a week. I've watched most soaps at one point or another but OLTL has always been been my heart. PP is taking years off my life with these shenanigans. I'm guessing the announcement has something to do with the P&G announcement- but can't figure out why Errol would have such a strong reaction.

Archived