BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol. I'm highly invested in the shows and I agree there are too many threads. But then there is too much breaking news as well. It's been a rocky road and there's been much to report. But it's only been a few months so hopefully things will stabilize.

• Members

I agree about the breaking news threads. But we don't need the production, daily and more threads as well as the breaking news threads.

We can have one for the news, one for the episodes and one for the spoiler. It works for every single other soap. Some people keep posting THE SAME BORING photos and tweets in every single thread.

• Members
Well, since people watch episodes at different times, spoilers become problematic. Can't please everyone. And as proven in many other cases, your preferences are vastly different than my own. What excites you bores me to sleep generally.

• Members

My point is if the people continued to the complain & they had kept these writers, some would say why didnt u replace them sooner. PP is damned if they do & if they don't

Racism this early in the morning?

• Members

So here we are with yet another hangover of breaking news. Time to get some coffee and wrap my head around all of this.

PP is the boss and we the viewers are the employees. Management needs to listen to us. We need a bonus check for all of these changes going on.

Clearly, Agnes Nixon is involved and she demands only the highest quality product. She is quality control mgr. of both shows.

Fans are binge watchers and that is not going to change ever.

Fans will watch the shows they like. So OLTL fans will stck with that show and AMC fans will stick to their show. That will never change. We all have choices.

The 2 episodes per week seem to be a part of the near future with later negotiations for increase, or whatever. If PP wants a 1 hour per week show per show, soap fans might be able to adjust or not adjust. That would change the landscape of soap viewing which fans have an established habit of 5 shows in 1 hour length. That is unlikely to change in the forseeable future. Some habits are hard to break.

If the storylines move too slowly, will fans just give up entirely and walk away not investing themselves with the shows? This is a big risk.

The new writing teams will need time and a fair chance. I hope PP gives them just that.

The 110 episodes to complete until the end of 2013 seems OK for now.

If there is a significant change in direction of storylines, we will see that in time.

A show has to crawl before it walks and since these shows are in their infancies, of course tweaking and seeing what works and what doesn't and that seems to be apparent here with rapid sudden changes. I hope both shows are up and walking by September.

If it takes bringing back HUGE FANBASES of those rabid Zendall and Rylee fans out there, the HUGE fanbase of Tad, the Huge fanbase of Erica, and other beloved characters/actors and their fanbases to help get the show into walking stage, I am for whatever it takes to increase ratings and get those fans back to the show. PP and Agnes knew they might take a tremendous loss of viewership due to characters not being on the PV canvas. Those losses are not to be ignored. If more characters were brought back, that might get the show back to the 4 episodes and the more the merrier. IDK.

Management is asking alot of us and we, the fans can either put the company out of business with not buying the product or on the flipside we the fans can build franchises all over the place with product value and dedicated viewing. Don't give up the fight.

• Members

This is a board dedicated to Soap Opera's and not about personal attacks to anyone's religious expressions, sex discriminations, or wrongful bullying of posters who follow the terms and rules of posting on a free board. Maybe mods need to step up and police boards more frequently.

Archived