BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Members

I still have episodes to get caught up on. I guess I should watch while I can. I have to reload about five times per episode (I disabled my adblock for Hulu so it's not that) and it's difficult to watch. I've seen more of Jennifer Garner selling skin cleanser than I have of OLTL or AMC.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But look on the bright side, we're getting a new episode of AMC on Monday even though it's Memorial Day. Are the network soaps showing original episodes? Honest question.

I wish there really was a way to keep the hysteria, bitching and baiting as well as the Twitter/FB drops to one PP thread. I think part of the problem is that we have five million PP threads on this board. We've got the episode threads, the "more" threads, the in production threads then new threads for every news drop. IMO, it's overkill but it's probably good for site traffic so *shrug*.

LMAO! I was wondering how people new to Hulu would react to the ad saturation. The ads that are driving me insane right now are the ones for Hagen-Daas. Every time they show up I want to scream.

• Members

Since AMC is done taping, this won't influence them for a long time worth of episodes. I wonder if this will change anything for OLTL since the cast is currently working on episodes now or just the next taping cycle in the fall.

Does anyone know anything yet?

• Members

They just promoted writers already there

writers are writing year rpund. I bet AMC doesnt tape the non Marlene eppys til August

Maybe OLTL will get to some non SBH/TR eppys filmed before June 14th

• Members

tongue.png I agree.

People will speculate as always. It's what we do on message boards. Personally, I find it impossible not to wonder what these changes mean. Just because I'm interested and curious doesn't mean I'm overly worried about it though. I'm resigned to whatever happens at this point. I wish these shows well and I watch them, but I got used to living without them once and it will only be easier to do so the second time around, if that's what it comes to.

• Members

I am not surprised about thom Racina. I feel he was tied with Susan Horgan and when she left he was doomed. When I watched the writers video I could tell Jessica klien was the one really steering things. Marin scripts do far have been stellar so IMO this is good news for oltl more solid team. Amc glad they brought two veterans steering the ship knowing the history. I didn't think Marlene was the best fit for the show. I think these changes were brought about with change of 4 episodes to 2 episodes.

• Members

I was speaking to the previous and numerous occurrences where something negative was said or projected about a PP/TOLN decision and then anger and defensiveness and "cult member" and "true soap fan" rhetoric become the main theme for six pages.

• Members

I definitely had some issues with both shows but I can't say I didn't enjoy both immensely. I hope the new writers can continue to give me what I liked and changed what I didn't. But yes in terms of the number one story that MUST go, it's definitely Pete and Celia!

• Members

I had a feeling that there would be a change of guard at OLTL during the writers room segment. You could see jessica Klein was the primary lead person during that segment. I had a feeling that she was either going to be the new co-headwriter, or would take over the show completely. Like I said before, Marin G has written for HBO shows.. and those shows are known for being edgy so i can see why she was promoted since OLTL seems to want to be edgy.

I'm not sure if Susan H was the more dominant of the head-writing team or not, to be honest before she departed.

I think marlene would have been a good fit for AMC, but I'm betting that Agnes Nixon had a hand in her being sacked. She's the one who spoke out about the regime change and that she 100 % supported the change for AMC. I bet PP wanted to sack them, but once Agnes gave her ok then they were sacked. However, I think the gothic story with Celia/Pete is kind of out-dated. Nowadays, a sheltered girl like Celia would be a little hell raiser.. not some isolated, meek girl...imho.

• Members

Very interesting that PP used Agnes to announce this news. I guess the company felt that if fans knew these changes had her backing that we would be ok with it.

So what's the overall headcount of writers on each show now compared to when they started? Is it less, more, or the same?

• Members

We don't know how sweeping these changes are until we see episodes with the new people in charge. Just because they were under the other writers doesn't mean they won't have a different point of view.

Archived