BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Members

But I was quite enjoying Marlene & Elizabeth's AMC sad.png Chip/Lisa should be an interesting pair though, I'm really interested in seeing what they come up with. We probably won't see their material on screen until Aug/Sept though...damn.

I'm very glad Joanna Cohen has been brought back as Scriptwriter!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually it makes sense to do this now. With the production hiatus coming after OLTL finishes this last round of shooting, if you are going to make the change do it now so that there will be plenty of time to get things set for August.

• Members

Marlene was a terrible writer for Days, nothin exciting happened. Don't watch AMC... But reading seems it was the same way with her as head writer. She sucks... Point a simple! Days is so much better now than a year ago.

• Members

Saw this coming. Was shocked as [!@#$%^&*] when my friend told me this. Chip wasn't bad and Lisa was ok. She had to calm me down and remind me of 2010. DaLee, Jannie, Damian and Colby the beginning. Stuff like that.

I think and thank god, the ending for Celia and Pete is coming. And AJ won't be led around by that little Kane she-devil. mad.gif

I don't know what it means for OLTL, I watch b/c my friend makes me, and sometimes I like it and sometimes I don't.

• Members

Ok so fans bitched for years that daytime soaps took too long to replace writers. So when PP does it within the first 3 months, they are rushing it & being desperate???

WTF fans, which one is it? Can't be both. SMH!!!

• Members

I'm a bit weary but this may a good thing. It may lead to tighter story telling and a better balance of characters. I also hope certain plot lines will be dropped (Pete/Celia) or at very least less shown (Matt/Dani/Jeffrey in their apt).

I also wouldn't mind if both shows recasted some characters. Instead of watching people learn to act, we have folks who can bring it from the beginning.

• Members

I agree so much with this! I was always upset when I heard the date these shows would be premiering because it was too soon. We know they were in a rush to hire for both shows and the product suffered. I think AMC is just terrible and OLTL is very, very good, but I'm sure they wish they had more time as well. The good thing is that I don't think fans of either show are too dissatisfied to just deal with this until the new writers premiere. I just hope when that happens they properly relaunch and that these shows are truly great.

One of my biggest problems with AMC is how disjointed the cast feels. I want the new writers to tie everything together. Bring in a couple people, take out a couple people and just make it work. I want storylines involving all the age groups and for it to really mesh. It's asking too much of those young actors playing AJ and Miranda to carry the show.

While I found the 2-days-a-week announcement to be a disappointing sign, this isn't upsetting me. I believe that they SHOULD make changes as soon as possible, and it's not like this was overnight. They've filmed what? At least 10 weeks worth of stuff for each show. Actually, much longer since they're doing 10 episodes per week and only airing 2. At least these writers will have time to get it right, good or bad.

• Members

Fans complained about daytime taking too long to replace awful writers who put out crap shows. The response on this forum has been overwhelmingly positive and most have found the episodes to be very well written and enjoyable. With that said, its understandable why some didn't feel this was necessary and this change happened within the first month of airing, not 3.

But as I said, this probably has more to do with moving to a 2 day format and trusting a different group to adapt to the type of writing that requires

• Members

I just don't find it remotely credible that everyone has to be replaced in under a month on the air with their immediate subordinates. Taken together, this and the schedule change now smack of a series of insane panic moves by people frightened by their own shadows.

I'll forgive it if the shows remain good and last for the long haul, and I intend to keep on enjoying the shows, but this is just ridiculous. Particularly at OLTL you could tell both members of that HW team were very tapped into the stories they were telling, particularly the newspaper storyline with Viki and Jeffrey and the choice to have Nora take up a radio gig. I have no sense (yet) that the hired guns will or can continue telling these stories properly. Their work seems good in and of itself as dialogue and breakdown people, but am I really supposed to be excited about watching two old Aaron Spelling soap hands (Klein and Chip Hayes) co-headwriting these shows? The last years of 90210 and MP weren't exactly heartbreaking genius.

They could yet still be just as good or better. If it all works out and the material stays good, then whatever. And I'll still watch because so far the air shows are very good IMO. But as a move right now, this is just ridiculous.

Archived