BREAKING NEWS: Prospect Park Names New Head Writers of BOTH ‘All My Children’ and ‘One Life to Live’

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It sounds like they just cleaned everyone out and thought that would fix whatever problem they believe they're having by promoting the next people in line. These shows have yet to air fifteen episodes, but whatever.

I suspect it has to do with production turnaround and pace, and I think it's a bad idea. I think any kind of across the board purge like this is a bad idea when the shows haven't exactly been receiving poor reviews, or even been airing for a month yet.

• Members

I am addicted to the PP threads. When someone says something bad about the shows, the followers get furious.

When PP replaces the writers, the same people who adored the shows and said that there was nothing wrong with them, say "Well, it was about time. Good for them to fix the problems so quickly. Network soaps should learn from this."

If Agnes gets locked out of the studios like my beloved Dobsons, some people will say that it was about time. Who cares about her? The PP cafeteria lady has a brand new Twitter account!! wub.pngwub.png

Just joking. I think that the PP are just trying to save money any way they can. I also think that they have good intentions but this might not be enough.

• Members

Usually people disagree with things they consider hysterical. But you're right I can't read your mind.

I guess we can't say PP isn't committed to these shows. If they didn't care they'd let them just languish and then blame the viewers when they failed.

• Members

I can already see where this thread is headed but before it spins out completely, do we know that all these changes were generated by PP and not the people in question?

Simply put, do we know whether all of this was a firing vs resignation? Just wondering.

• Members

I think it's pretty nuts. And stupid. I'll keep watching and I hope it all works out for the best but it all just strikes me as erratic and half-baked. The shows are quite good IMO, but the management I currently find very worrisome. I hope AMC and OLTL can press on through all this mess and maintain quality (and, you know, existence). I would just like one month - one - without some insane nonsense.

What irks me more, though, are the people online crowing for all of OLTL to be given back to GH. Yes, because that's the answer. Let's have two dudes in charge of everything when they're not exactly brilliant to begin with. Whatever can be said about the current BTS setup, I'd rather have OLTL on its own than back on a hybrid setup on GH.

• Members

My only immediate response to all this that I've thought through is I'm glad that Joanna Cohen has scriptwriter job back. Although now AMC has lost N. Gail Lawrence.

Marlene McPherson is currently flying around in a private jet with Ken Corday and Greg Meng. I think she'll be okay.

Archived