WLS 50 Greatest Soap Opera Couples of All-Time

• Members

So....like two years of HBS/Marx is better than Carjack's entire run? 'Luv you C2, but that's just wrong on so many levels. LOL. 'Tho admittedly I grew to loathe HBS and I think Holmes is/was the Jesse Metcalfe of ATWT. Minus the pecs, of course. *giggle*

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HBS/Marx and 1990-1995 or so of Dolan/Holmes (removing the year of O'Connor).

Carly and Jack stayed more consistent and had more spark, I just never had the same pull toward them I did with Tom/Margo at their best. The stories were just too nasty (Julia, rape, Katie, Craig). I think their best material was 97-99.

• Members

I understand that this list is mainly devoted to romantic super couples, so to speak, but personally, I'll always consider many tent-pole, married duos like Tom & Alice Horton, Chris & Nancy Hughes, Steve & Audrey Hardy, etc., to be the best couples on their series. :)

• Members

I know it's all subjective, and theoretically more people saw T/M over 30 years vs Carjack's 13....but I can't believe when anyone thinks "ATWT couple" the first couple they'd think of was T/M. Hell, I loved Carjack, and the first couple that "probably" springs to my mind when you say "ATWT" is either Lily/Holden or Kim/Dan.

If there's one more ATWT couple to come, I'd gladly write it off. But I doubt there is.

• Members

They've never even officially been together. It wouldn't make sense for them to be on any couples list, even though I think the characters dynamics are easily Sami's most interesting. Sami shouldn't be anywhere near this list to be honest. I would expect Shawn/Belle and Austin/Carrie before any of her pairings.

• Members

I think Cruz & Eden really have a shot at this, if they decide to be bold and not go the predictable Luke & Laura route.

I also hope we see AW's Steve & Alice and Mac & Rachel in the top 10.

I think Jeff & Penny will be there, but inventing the concept doesn't make them as popular as Doug & Julie and Steve & Alice were.

Hopefully Bope is #10, since they'll inevitably be on there. They've never done much for me (always thought Hope could do better than Reckell's Bo, and I even preferred her with RKK).

• Members

Oh Good GOD NO!!! SO not the real deal. Luna is one of my all-time LEAST favorite characters and Max one of my all-time faves. James DePaiva sparked with literally every other actress he was paired with (save maybe Ilene Kristen), yet people constantly bring up Luna the kook.

I'd rank Max/Tina, Max/Megan, Max/Blair, Max/Gabrielle, hell, even Max/Skye over Max/Luna. SO glad to see they're not on here.

I had a feeling I may have missed them- from what I was reading, it sounded like they hadn't been mentioned yet.

Honestly, I'm anxiously awaiting C&E's placement and am hoping for top 3.

Archived