WLS 50 Greatest Soap Opera Couples of All-Time

• Members

If we're going by longevity, then Tom & Alice should have been top 5 and they didn't even make the list (a major oversight, imo, along with Chris & Nancy on ATWT)

I loved them then too but realistically, it was a 3 year run and their only period of greatness. They've been a couple for nearly 25 years, yet I really only cared for 3. Then & now, I preferred couples like Mickey & Maggie, Doug & Julie, Neil & Liz, and Roman & Marlena. They never developed properly as characters and Kristian Alfonso has long lost whatever natural ability she had back then.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where the first two couples mentioned are concerned, you have a point, junior. The other two, though? I can't remember how long Neil and Liz lasted, but I don't believe it was as long as M&M or D&J -- and Roman & Marlena? What I wrote upthread about Bo & Hope applies to Roman & Marlena as well. Before Wayne Northrop had left the first time (in '84), Roman and Marlena were the [!@#$%^&*]. However, his and Deidre Hall's chemistry had all but evaporated by the time both were back on the show in '91. (I don't include Drake's Roman in this anymore since we know now that he wasn't the Real Roman.)

Archived