WLS 50 Greatest Soap Opera Couples of All-Time

• Members

Definitely agree about the victim to bitch part. That always seemed so weird to me. BC nominated for an SOD as Outstanding VILLAINESS? As Beth? WTF?

And yeah, Cord & Tina should have been higher for sure. Cheap's gonna be pissed! LOL.

Todd & Blair have a shot of being on there, too, I guess.

I wonder if Cord & Tina being so low means Max & Gabby won't be on there at all sad.png .

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Phillip and Beth were popular for more than a year, every other pairing they have had has had to live in the shadow of either one, and they def were popyklar in the late 80's early 90's!

• Members

Steve and Betsy at number 27? Ridiculous! That's the couple that basically drove the show for two solid years almost exclusively. Well, there are basically four BIG couples over ATWT's history (Jeff/Penny, Steve/Betsy, Lily/Holden and Jack/Carly), so I guess they're dividing them up among the top 40. It's just a question of who was really ATWT's signature couple now, Lilden or CarJack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey, I love them, and would defend their placement on any all-time list.

But I understand and appreciate the arguments for Holden/Lily, Bob/Kim, Steve/Betsy or Penny/Jeff. (I'd personally balk at Tom/Margo, but that's neither here nor there...) But I certainly believe Carjack is a top five ATWT couple. Which ain't bad.

But it's kind of hard to be happy, when this is all in the past.

• Members

Max and Gabrielle might have been okay in 1988. Max and Megan (this is a joke, right????).

The real deal was Max and Luna. I began watching this in 1992 and was amazed at the chemistry between James DePaiva and Susan Batten. Luna's August, 1995 death brought out the best acting I have ever seen on a soap opera (yes, Krista Tesreau delivered) that I have ever seen. Max and Luna probably won't make the cut but I have all of their stuff on VHS (0h, hell no to watching it on YouTube) and I am amazed every time I watch it.

OneLifetoLive.jpg

Archived