Overhyped Daytime Soap Actors and Actresses

• Members

Thank you. KDP is a scenery chewer who fell into the "louder=more dramatic" trap. Plus she's never been able to control her accent. If she's such an amazing actress then she should be able to something about that twang. I know she tried when she first took over the role but she just couldn't do it and somehow Blair not only changed from Asian to white she also turned into a hillbilly. Everytime she said "Tawwwwwwd," I just wanted throw something.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Voice!!!! Yes I've said that about countless people not even just her. If they were so great they'd work on their voice. Take speech classes. If everyday people can do it so should people who's voice is a big aspect of their job. That thrown me off with a couple of people who can't even be bothered to attempt to control their accents. If your character is not from down south I really hsouldn't be able to tell that you are. And just speaking in a way that fits the role

• Members

Ive already read that when Malone created the role of Blair, he always envisioned her as a southern belle and that was fixxed when she took over. Her voice works for how he wanted the character portrayed and I had no issues with it

• Members

Some of the articles from the late 70s have indicated that Susan Lucci may have had security people from time to time as well, and that someone was making harassing calls to her house. If you're dealing with what you perceive to be legitimate threats to your safety or your family's safety, I don't fault you for hiring security people.

• Members

lol That's fine--to each their own! I wouldn't say that, to me, she's the best in daytime either. She's up there, though. I guess the way I see it is - she's so good and natural at what she does, that it often doesn't even feel like she's even acting. I feel the same way about Jeanne Cooper. The respect I have for them is tremendous.

I can't really comment on whether they're overhyped, though. At what point does one say it's not praise any more, but overhyping?

• Members

I think she also didn't have the twang when she was on GL. Not as much, anyway.

I don't consider her overhyped mostly because only some fans do this. Many fans vocally dislike her. OLTL usually gave her crap. RC spent years throwing her aside for his pets like TSJ and FL, who proceeded to ruin the show's last years.

• Members

By the time I remember GL she was mostly just singing and hanging out with Fletcher.

She, Dorian, and one or two others are the only reason I got through any of OLTL's last years. And now the dregs of OLTL's last years are all over GH. I think her brief stint there was better than any of those combined, but I doubt we'll be seeing her again.

• Members

Thgose two are not overhyped by any means and I understand why people were frustrated that Nikki was off canvas for months, she's been on the show since the 80s. Overhyped would be complete outrage to the tune of I've watched this show for like 30 years but will watch no longer over someone who is still a relative newbie, frequently phones in and obviously doesnt have their heart into the show,someone who loves to make short on and off visits to the show, etc

She wasn't needed on GH and the funny thing was she was on Twitter hyping herself as the best of the show

• Members

Of the four I think she was probably the one "needed" most, honestly, in that she's a decent actress who has chemistry with people and doesn't just phone it in, like Howarth and Easton. But I would agree that none of them were "needed." At least not in the poor way they have been written.

• Members

KDP was actually told to lose her Kentucky accent when she first got the role, because the producers thought she sounded too much like Susan Batten (Luna), who of course is from North Carolina. I guess they didn't want them out-Southerning each other on screen laugh.png .

To be honest, though, I didn't always hear her accent on camera. More so when she was first on the show, but even later on I felt it mostly only showed up when she was angry. It could just be that I don't think her accent sounds as thick as SB's does (now THAT accent could be detected from ten miles away), but there you are.

Although I have read that Blair was supposed to grow up in Florida, and certainly the panhandle/northern area of the state is more Southern in culture, so her accent could have still been appropriate overall.

Anyway topic--

WORD on Florencia Lozano. Not that she isn't a good actress, but when I'm reacting to Tea's screaming fit while throwing Todd out after Victor's funeral by laughing my ass off (and being distracted by her eating her hair/moving it out of her face)...um, yeah, that's clearly not what the show had in mind, I'm sure.

Archived