OLTL: Discussion for the week November 9

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm going to miss them too. I really liked this visit from David which I can't say for his last tour in Llanview. 2nd favorite line of the day Clint: "What are you doin here Vickers"

David: "Getting in the way".

Come to think of it every David scene was hilarious today.

I don't mind it either. Roscoe Born is a capable actor who knows how to deliver lines like this.

Totally agree. Kyle was bang on when he told Fish that the anticipation was the best part. I just hope when the time does come for this couple and Cris and Layla, that the show gives the characters and fans the payoff we deserve.

• Members

ITA, those Jen scenes were such a blessing for JPL, I can't speak for anyone but SFK, but I had completely written him off up until that day. So I feel like we know he has it, he's just uncomfortable playing that, and they write into his snarkiness anyway. Plus, it gives him a great excuse to be "lazy". How wonderful to come to work and get paid a sweet little check for smirking around all day. I'm telling you, if they really pushed him, if they gave him some truly meaty stuff and didn't let him get away with his bag of tricks, I have no doubt that he'd deliver some really great, memorable performances. And not that we do it for the Emmys, but I think he's capable of being an Emmy-winning performer.

• Members

I think there's a certain level of comfort you may get the longer you stay at the show. When TSJ started, he did a great job. When Michael Easton first arrived, he actually seemed to enjoy what he was doing.

Now they don't have to make an effort. For all I know, perhaps this actually is considered effort, and what JPL is doing is what the show, or Frons, thinks is great.

There's such a disconnect with the leading men on the show and it just seems to get worse and worse. So I just have to assume that they are either very popular with the network or they are very popular with fans, and I can only hope that they will be limited to certain stories. It's when they taint other characters that I think the show begins to suffer the most.

I also wonder how unhappy they may be with the writing, and if they think they are sending a message. I know JPL has trashed the writing to the press, earlier this year, and his acting choices suggest some sort of disgust. Others tank key scenes to the point where I have to wonder if its deliberate.

• Members

It is this way with all the ABC soaps. Their male leads are not just bad actors, they are obviously bored and make little effort. Instead of telling them to stop it or firing them, they get featured even more.

JLP has had his moments, but he has always been mediocre. However, I agree with you that Fath is to blame for how bad he has become.

• Members

...And not many people can boast that ability.

So, I get that Tuc's recurring (actually, I was kinda surprised by how many are recurring, and whose recurring), and he does that thing where he pops back and forth, but being a new viewer, I feel like I've come to the party too late, and he's gone again. He will be back for another stint, won't he?

Love Destiny, and the build up to Mitch's reveal was really chilling. How long has he been with the show? And just how many times has he come back from the dead?

• Members

Geez, I knew it was a small run, but I didn't know it was only a little under three years. I remember when Mitch came back in 02, I was excited to learn more about the character, so I kept looking up info on him, and I was wondering why I couldn't find any recaps of his 90s storylines...then I realized he didn't have any 90s storylines because he wasn't on the show. He didn't become the "legend" that people make him out to be until the 02 return.

Archived