OLTL: Discussion for the week November 9

• Members

This time when they kill Mitch off, I hope they put a bullet in his head in front of everybody. I can't believe they actually brought him back. I'm still reeling from how overblown his 2003 stint was. Everyone doing a hoo-rah over his return will be begging for his murder in six weeks. Mark it.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word. John is the biggest nuisance this show has ever created.

I agree with you about the writing for those Gigi scenes. If only a talented was in the role, it could have been a good Emmy tape or at the least had me near tears.

I hope he's not around long. Maybe until February at the most. I want him to create a hellstorm of [!@#$%^&*] and then die. No dragging, no drawing out. Hopefully that's what will happen.

• Members

I can handle Mitch for about the same amount of time as last time (okay, a few months less) IF it's done well. Though I mean, after last time, the bar is pretty low as to what you can do better than - Malone's Mitch was like bad Days of our Lives, like Stefano on PCP. I don't expect Mitch's reign of terror to be subdued or quiet. I'll settle for it being baroque and gothic yet still in the realm of quasi-reality, without magic diamonds and a psychotic character so invincible that he is never, ever actually thrown in jail.

• Members

Add me in as one of those who thought the script was insightful (and Scott did pretty good considering who he was working with) but FF was the one who bogged the scene down in her overacting or whatever you call it in that scene.

I also liked Charlie and Viki's discussion about Jared today. I really felt sorry for Charlie.

I agree, but I do enjoy his time on the show, at least in the beginning. He injects a bit of energy into OLTL, and I find it interesting that some mention the darkness on OLTL considering there were a few posters on here who expressed a bit of displeasure in OLTL's ability to be quite campy at times.

I can't help but to think after watching videos of Mitch's first reign of terror in Llanview, how it would be perfect if Tina had stayed around to have her in the mix as well. Oh well I guess I can settle on perhaps Ilene Kristen getting some juicy material out of this, other than being brought out for comedic purposes.

• Members

Totally loved the show today, and I am SO glad to see Mitch Laurence back. Roscoe's voice is just so soothing, sexy ass voice. Cannot wait to see more of this storyline unfold.

Kyle and Fish just make me smile. I really enjoy these two together, and I didn't think I would.

I feel so bad for Charlie, he just wants his son back, and he feels so guilty. I think it will get a lot worse before it gets better for him. Glad he has Viki there for him.

Huh, I like this new Carlotta. Surprising.

Gigi -_-

I loved the scenes at the greenhouse. Can't wait to see more tomorrow.

• Members

I think the show has bad problems with finding the right tone. They veer from too dark (Dr. Joplin killing herself) to ridiculously campy (the mugging surrounding Janet/Lee's murder) within the same story. Even the big KAD reveal had bad camp thanks to the unfortunate Rebecca recast.

They end up botching both ends when they don't know where to go. Since this happened the last time around with Mitch and the story this time contains some of the show's worst actors, I'm not sure what will happen. So far it's been decent.

My favorite scenes in today's show were probably Layla/Cris/Fish/Kyle. These couples both seem very natural to me and when the writing for them is there, it's really there. Utilizing Layla was one of OLTL's smarter moves this year, and although a part of me will always sort of miss the sweet relationship they had (before he slept with Stacey right after her arrival), they also work as friends. Of course I could say she should still want to kick his a@@, but since the show didn't dwell on that for long, I do like their friendship.

Archived