OLTL: Discussion for the week November 9

• Members

ITA, Vee. It makes no sense at all that McBain would figure it out; must have been a command from Frons

Am I the only one who found the reveal of Rex's father to be anti-climactic? after all these years, Rex receives an envelope from a character who's appeared in maybe 5 episodes in the last 8 years... in Michigan! How much more dramatic would it have been to send Corinne to Llanview and have her give Rex the envelope in front of Roxy, who would have fought like hell to stop Rex from opening it ... lame.

Loved the greenhouse scenes today... not sure why it had to be in Napa instead of Llanview.

Can't wait to see Viki and Mitch together in a scene

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved today's show. Friday and today's show were amazing. I love the end of the week cliffhangers. Mitch's reintroduction works for me in every way except I don't believe he slept with Roxy and prodced Rex. Rex. Oh Rex. What have they done to you?

I could get into Schuyler and Gigi but she was such a lousy drunkard.

I loved everything about Kyle and Fish today. I like them taking the time to facillitate a relationship between Layla and Kyle. It showed off Fish and Kyle's different personalities. This Carlota is different than the last one. I like her.

Nash's rotting corpse was creepy. But Mitch's intro was great.

• Members

Hmmm...a lot of OLTL stuff tonight. Just posted the Quick Peeks and Teasers (late thanks to abc.com, lol) and new OLTL & ABC Daytime promos, getting ready to work on a casting/sneak peek article, and Angela is putting together an article about which repeat episodes of AMC, OLTL, and GH that we will be seeing on Thanksgiving. wink.gif

• Administrator

Fantastic episode today!!! The Jessica scenes with the skeletor were so creepy.....and then the banging on the door and Natalie falling out....and at the same time Jared's yelling to let him in. Great stuff! The ending was perfect! So glad to see Mitch again - he's one of my favorite OLTL characters. Heed the Messenger! :)

OLTL does gothic very well - the sets, lighting and background music really add to the darkness.

Did John figure out Mitch was behind it or was he just telling the Rex's backstory? I'll have to go rewatch that scene.

And that's why I try to avoid promos! I figured Mitch was behind everything but I didn't want to see any scenes leading up to the reveal, or of course the reveal itself.

If it's gonna go the way I think it goes...umm....keep watching. ;)

• Members

Excellent show today. Although I had seen the November promo and knew Mitch was returning the reveal was still creepy and electrifying for me. The entire set up was spot on. I loved that they put the location of each character on the bottom of the screen. It reminded me of the good old days of soaps for some reason that I cannot explain. I also hope the show writes some Clint/Mitch stuff this time around. Clint was off canvas when the whole Jess/Nat stuff played out the first time and I think JVD and RB could really play well off each other.

Sandra Santiago really impressed me today as Carlotta. Her first few times on I found her very stiff and almost awkward but today she really sold it for me. I hope to see her on screen more because I know she is a terrific actress. I also thought she could be a great Dorian recast if needed.

The Gigi/Schuy stuff I thought was well written but as everyone else has posted, poorly acted by FF. I did laugh when she said Aunt Corrine 2 or 3 times. I don't know if she messed up the line or if she ad-libed but even Scott Clifton let out a little laugh.

• Administrator

1986? I was 4 years old. :) But I do remember hearing it all the time when he came back in the early 2000's. I just love watching Mitch and all his evil deeds. Of course Roscoe's deep/scary voice and hypnotic eyes helps too.

• Administrator

Yup, I agree with on Mitch, Carlo and Tina.

I like Thom's voice too. So both of OLTL's supervillains have deep creepy voices.

LOL I guess you are older than me.

That would've been cool. I think Passions bought a Dark Shadows background music piece or it was very close it because people said the piece was very Dark Shadows-ish.

• Members

I finally watched the full episode.

The rotting corpse worked better than I would have thought. It was like something out of the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books.

Roscoe Born is one of those actors who still manages to look attractive even as he ages. Like Dennis Hopper.

My heart broke a little bit when Jared and Natalie were looking at each other and Jared's bloody hand was on the window :( You can't fake chemistry like that, as some other couples show.

Archived