OLTL: Discussion for the week November 9

• Members

After they spent last year telling us that it's OK if you rape someone, as long as you love them, I guess they needed to remind us of the bad type of rape, or attempted rape.

That they actually thought this story should center around Todd saving women from violence is probably one of the most tone deaf plots I can imagine. Tea and Blair both love a man who has beaten, raped, and nearly killed women, and doesn't seem all that unhappy about it. Tea herself was laughing about the good old days when Todd beat her. If anything, this should make them chase after Ross.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Charlie's a murderer now? :shame:

And I hate how they are suddenly making Ross this scary villain just to prop Todd, the hero that just so happens to be a rapist. PATHETIC WRITING, for this PATHETIC story.

The rest was great fun though. Still one of the stupidest decisions in soap history is coming up. John should be to take that bullet and die, but of course that is only what EVERY viewer in existence wants.

• Administrator

I didn't understand it either, I must've missed something. So Charlie murdered Wayne Landers and Jared covered it up? When Mitch said Charlie was a murder, I thought maybe Charlie killed someone, years ago, when he was drunk. I also had some problems with the action: After John busts in, Natalie runs towards Mitch?? And then John has his gun aimed at Mitch but takes his eyes of him to ask Natalie is she was okay???? Come on!

Yeah, I didn't like that either. This is something Bob Guza would do.

• Members

This out of nowhere Ross/Blair [!@#$%^&*] is heinous, because they're trying to twist what are otherwise very decent, reasonable lines in the script from a desperate father into something eeevil. Unfortunately, this is a larger problem on the network, not just OLTL. We see situations like Ross's play out all the time with men or women who are not the "chosen few" of ABC Daytime - A.J. Quartermaine was the first, but not the last. It does not seem like the same people who wrote those cute Ross/Blair scenes a month or two ago; it seems like the typical ABC shuck and jive on "the untouchables." Who said 'we have to make Ross bad?'

Ross is getting the A.J. here. It's really nasty, and Blair looks awful servicing that treatment simply out of her own craven desires. I don't believe Blair would do that to him, or to just about anyone this side of Mitch Laurence. I think she would've found another way to play her angle without leaving Ross totally high and dry.

On the bright side, Jared and Natalie are true to each other right to the end.

• Members

I think it goes this way: Wayne knew Charlie killed someone, tried to blackmail Jared with it but he somehow ended up dying. (I'm guessing Mitch killed him?) And now Mitch knows that Charlie killed someone.

I want to say that Pamela ended up dying because she refused to drug Jared like Corrine and Nadine did with Rex and Brody, but I'm not sure bc that wasn't explained today. Why would Mitch kill Pamela? Why would she want to meet up Jared at the Buchanan lodge? Did it have to do with Charlie's secret or did she try to warn him about Mitch? Hopefully this is explained.

• Members

The way I heard it was this: Jared discovered Wayne Landers was the stalker (or rather, Mitch's agent in the stalking). He planned to turn him in, but Mitch, anticipating this, had Landers play the Charlie card; he somehow knows Charlie killed someone, probably thanks to Mitch's digging into Jared's background - we don't know the details yet. Landers told Jared he was only after Buchanan money, so Jared told him to leave the others and stick with him; he agreed to help Landers stage an attack at BE so Landers could get some cash from the BE accounts, and hoped that was the end of it. Then, Landers turns up dead, probably killed by Mitch.

Jared was ready to confess all to Natalie, but gets a text ordering him to the Buchanan lodge, where he finds Pamela, who has no idea why she was called there either. The lights go out, then come up, and Pamela is dead. Then Jared is knocked out and carted off to Napa by Mitch.

I assume Mitch lured Pamela to the lodge in order to continue the frame-up against Jared. He made it look like this was a simple shakedown by Landers, then pulled out the rug once Landers was dead, and used Jared's disappearance to send John "chasing his tail."

• Members

I loved that Natalie and Jared are true to each other to the total end. I just adore this couple and I HATE that it is coming to an end. And I am dying to know just who Charlie was supposed to have killed (most likely drunk driving). And I so hope this isn't going to be the end of Viki/Charlie, another couple that I totally adore.

AS much as I've enjoyed the scenes between Tea and Nora, I am quite tired of all the bickering back and forth.

Don't like this 180 degree turn they did on Ross, I really liked him and I liked him with Blair. I am so OVER all this rehashing of Todd and Blair as a couple.

Totally and positively love Mitch Laurence, evil bastard. :P

• Members

Blair is irrelevant to the story, and I think Todd/Blair are dead for good, unless FL leaves and they don't want to bring another person in as Todd's love interest. I think this is about making sure that no viewers question the purity of TnT and no viewers question the idea that Todd and Tea will be wonderful parents to their miracle child.

Thank you, Vee, for the details on what happened with Jared. Besides what is coming up, my biggest regret is Pamela dying (Christine Jones is such an underrated soap actress), but I guess she's up there with Asa laughing about how she'd pulled one last con on the Buchanans.

• Members

I missed Mitch's previous stint so I found most of the stuff today incomprehensible. Making Charlie a murderer was the oddest part. It made me think that this is a way to write Charlie out. He may leave town to escape prosecution or go to prison. I would think that he will start drinking again.

I still don't understand how Ross is wrong about Tea taking away his daughter. OLTL is a show that always had adoptions and non-biological families. What does it matter if Danielle is not Ross' biological daughter if they love each other? Danielle is not going to be thrilled that her biological father is a rapist so having Ross in her life would soften the blow.

• Members

Since Frons doesn't want to use Viki, I can see them keeping Charlie and just having him make rare appearances.

All the other women in Todd's life are fine with him so I imagine Danielle will be the same soon enough. The only question I have is whether she will find out about him herself or if some mean, mean person will tell her to ruin her image of him.

Archived