OLTL: Discussion for the week November 9

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Melissa Archer - Emmy nominee, please and thank you. Bye Jared, there are only fond memories of you :(

Nora/Téa today was awesome as well.

And it was good to see Michael/Marcie on last time, but I agree with Cheap, they aren't needed on this show. I like that they got their happy ending. This show has enough supporting characters. Even though, like others have said, Chris Stack and Kathy Brier was great together and with others.

• Members

I just hope that this means other characters who aren't needed (Rex, Gigi, Stacy, at the top of my list) will also go.

It was hard to watch all that with Jared. I'll miss him, I thought he added something different to the show, and especially to Natalie. Poor Natalie, especially if she is stuck with John. In no time she will end up apologizing to him for Jared's death.

• Members

Your hopes are probably futile, unfortunately. They're all Frons favorites.

Obviously agree with you on Jared. Far be it for me to be some couple shipper or what have you, but Jared/Natalie had it, they had the magic and the stupid TPTB a.k.a Frons, because of his hard on for lifeless brooding John, killed it all. It's a tragic tale onscreen and off.

• Members

I am expecting them to stay, since they are Frons darlings, but I was just thinking about the "characters who aren't needed." If they all vanished, would anyone, outside of Schuyler and Roxy, care? Natalie would be upset, but Rex doesn't care very much about her anyway.

They're all so pointless and easily isolated.

• Members

Mitch is psychotic. He was married to Natalie briefly before he married Dorian. On soaps, if a spouse coming back from the dead is a staple and 90% of the time, it means the are still married and dissolves any marriages they currently have. That happens all the time and I cant recall ever seeing a soap storyline where the presumed dead comes back and they arent still considered legally married to their spouse

• Members

I don't think this will come up because it doesn't add to the plot. Dorian isn't planning to marry anytime soon anyway (the marriage to Amelia isn't legal). I think this will be like when Viki called the cops about Dorian drugging Charlie. Dorian fled extradition for, what, a week, two weeks? Then she came back and nobody ever mentioned it again.

If they want us to see how evil Ross is, can he kill Eli? This character has never done much for me but now that he has lost any personality to become a walking prop, he's just dead weight.

What Mitch was holding over Jared's head about Charlie seemed somewhat minor, but I guess Jared didn't want the truth revealed because he know how upset Charlie would be. The scene where Charlie realized he actually DID kill Jared's stepfather made me a little sick. Actually a lot of the scenes surrounding Jared's death did, which is probably a compliment. OLTL tends to do death very well, when they try.

I'm glad they remembered to name the baby Gabriel. I wonder if he will always have a fear of public restrooms, considered what happened to his poor namesake.

Archived