OLTL: Discussion for the week November 9

• Members

I adored those scenes between Kyle and Layla today. Tika and Brett really did a wonderful job in them.

Today's ending...truly one for the history books IMO. Just classic soap. Overall I found the scenes at the vineyard leading up to the ending amazing. That is how you do a cliffhanger. I'm so excited!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Jessica-Nash-Mitch stuff was the only interesting (although simultaneously gruesome and offensive) part of the episode.

The Schuyler/Gigi, Layla/Cristian/Fish/Kyle, Rex/Corrine, John/Brody parts were all slipshod and dull.

• Members

I loved that corpse - Tom Savini would be proud! I couldn't believe they showed that OR that it was so surprisingly gruesome and well-done. OLTL is really breaking the rules. But I also sensed a slap at Forbes March for his consistent diva behavior re: the show. Which, hey, he asked for it. The British soaps do far worse to their cast members just for coughing out of turn.

• Members

FM gave several interviews bitching about the show, and I felt his comments about John Brotherton and then Bree in these last two were particularly petty. He had some valid complaints about the show's treatment of Nash, but he got a bit too personal. If this was Eastenders, for that offense they would've dug Nash up, had him prowl the streets doing the "Thriller" dance, and posthumously unmasked him as a con man with three different wives, one being an eight year old Thai hooker.

I need a screencap of that. I've found my avatar.

• Members

I don't know what the [!@#$%^&*] she did but Fath has taken every ounce of talent JPL has ever had and flushed it down the toilet. Where's the JPL who had heartbreaking yet subtle scenes when breaking up with Adrianna where the HELL is the JPL that proved he was one of the best finds of the DECADE when finding Jen's dead body in the parking garage. Where? WHERE?

God, I wish they weren't wasting Scott Clifton on Farah Fath. He is much to talented to be saddled with her. However, if today's scenes were played by a talented actress, I probably would have been near tears for Gigi today. As for the writing, RC has RUINED Rex. He shouldn't be so goddamn morally superior. That is NOT Rex.

Everything else was great stuff, except for John of course.

Also, I was so happy Layla said Fish's shirt was fugly. I was thinking the same thing the second he walked out. Then he changed and ... YUM. Kish fan here.

I am very ready for Mitch to cause some crazy [!@#$%^&*]. But I'm still PISSED

A terrible and unforgivable mistake.

• Members

Ha! :lol: Thanks for the info. Yeah, you know, this is America and all, but in the soap world, I feel like you've got to earn your right to be so openly critical. And even when you've earned it, what you say will most likely not result in change, but in bitterness and blacklisting. Not that it isn't refreshing to hear people speak out about what's not working behind the scenes on soaps, but for the sake of your career, you've got to carefully examine your motives and watch what comes out of your mouth.

I think Rachel is too much woman for Schuy, I'd rather see him ground Gigi.

• Members

I thought those Sky/Gigi scenes were actually very well-written and well-done when they talked about Gigi's long-held insecurities. And they really drove home the point that Sky can give her what she needs.

Great reveal on Mitch, but I don't buy that John would've figured it out from out of nowhere today. He hadn't discussed other suspects at all before, he's never mentioned Mitch, he never met the man, and he's been dead for years.

Archived