Is Passions being cancelled?

• Members

I don't know, Kenny, are you not just biased? I thougth it was a cute interview,lol.

As for "Passions," I say whatever it takes. If it were my show, I wouldn't think twice about working day and night to do emergency rewrites and make things actually happen. (Of course, I also wouldn't allow the show to get in such a situation where it has an untold number of dangling threads and infinity dropped or unresolved storylines). The point is, it could happen, on some level. I believe it's possible. I believe in miracles.

Even if not by February, just asap. maybe March can be the big month instead, lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, the interview was totally cute. But they were going on and on and on and on about how great Tom Langan was as a writer, when we all know that he was anything but. Check out the "chat" interview I posted in another thread... nothing but negative comments from fans about how they hated the show and hated the writing under Tom Langan, and he was just all, "Well, stay tuned. Stay tuned!" Ugh. Anything to lick that man's a$$. Thank God he got the boot. I hated him! I'd watch the worst of Reilly over that Langan garbage anyday. At least with Reilly, we saw vets! The show looked SOMEWHAT familiar. Not under Langan. When Ali Sweeney goes a full 6 months without being on a SINGLE EPISODE for no reason... no. That's not good.

• Members

I again hope this is not true because we do not need another hour of Today and this could mean trouble for Days. And also if they just fired JER the show could be great.....

Another hour of Today would be overkill. Period.

As for Days, I could really see it getting cancelled in 2009 or mabye even sooner. I remember when we all speculated how Hogan and Corday could be gearing up to wrap up all stories, now that Passions ight be cancelled that might just be true. But of course Frons would find out and because of his odd obsession with wanting Days he would jump at the chance to get it.

Normally he would, but right now, if some who don't look at ABC threads or anything don't know, Frons' bosses are NOT happy with him and the status of GH, OLTL, and AMC. So Kay Alden and Jack smith are currently consultants I think and trying to fix things up and supposedly big things are changing over there.. Frons could get fired, but I doubt it right now. My point is that even though Days is contracted until 2009, if NBC just decides to cut it regardless of the contract right now and possibly for a while ABC would be in no state for it to move over there.

I think NBC's time airing soaps will soon come to an end. :(

• Members

It would really suck ass to see another soap cancelled for a 4th hour EXPERIMENT of "Today." Just like it sucked to see AW cancelled for the EXPERIMENT of Passions.

In the end, the 4th hour would be a total flop. Who's going to watch four hours of any one program every single day? Nobody! Nobody has that kind of time anymore, especially considering that many people who watch "Today" are getting ready for work, etc. and are out the door by the time the 4th hour would come on. It would be nothing but a massive flop and they'd end up cutting back to the regular time slot within less than six months or so, and another cancelled soap would be long buried with nothing left to show for either Passions OR Today.

I would really like to see NBC bring on a new half hour soap. It's enough to be a sister soap to Days and Passions, but not too much to be incredibly expensive.

• Members

NBC sure does have bad luck w/ its daytime lineup. I always thought that the Days, AW, Santa Barbara line-up was the best, and never understood why they ruined that by getting rid of SB and then AW. I'm still sort of bitter that NBC dumped AW to eventually replace it w/ Passions, but there's nothing that we can do about that now, almost 8 years later. :( Even a Days, Passions, SuBe line-up would have worked IMO, and it would have made NBCD really distinct from the other two networks.

I don't watch Passions regularly, but I think it'd be an awful idea to cancel the show for yet another hour of the Today show. I know that Passions doesn't do well in the ratings, but it does really well w/ the younger audience: when I was in high school, we all watched that show like it was a religion.

IMO, the extra third hour isn't even necessary: all they do is highlight products and diet/exercise or beauty tips. So what possibly could a 4th hour feature?? :blink:

• Members

As someone who has watched the show since July 5th, 1999, I am PISSED about this, but not at all surprised. I had a weird feeling the past year when PASSIONS was renewed. It was a late renewal and when JER was fired from DAYS ... I knew it was so he could focus on PASSIONS and told to increase ratings and wrap things up. Yet he continues to drag things out. It's insane and he's a moron. He has only himself to blame if the show is canceled.

Sadly, I think it will be, even though I am a HUGE HUGE fan of it. I don't watch much anymore but I loved the show it's first few years and don't wish cancellation on any soap.

This really sucks.

• Members

I never understood how PSNS could be such a big hit with the 12-17 crowd. I mean, the usual timeslot for it is the 2pm ET/1pm CT slot, which is too early for most people who go to school. Taping doesn't go towards the ratings, so it makes me wonder how the 12-17 ratings for both DAYS and PSNS could be so high.

• Members

Rion, why do you ALWAYS make excuses for JER? Now I do think that fans need to be loyal....but you just always make some excuse for him. LOL!

Yes, fans should be loyal, but, it's getting to a point where some can't just take it anymore. Now, if JER really, and I mean really, tried his hardest and actually became the writer he was in the nineties and took his stories seriously and wrapped the old ones up, but fans still aren't tuning in, that's not his fault, but this is different, he keeps trying to get the fans hope up on secrets getting out and big awesome things happening, like LE's paternity and the Tabloid secret, but he always dissapoints the fans. Why do you think the TT site was a financial success? Because at the beginning, alot got their hopes up that he'd finally reeval everything and start brand new stories. But, even though I don't think TT is completely done yet, as of now the main focus of TT which was LE's paternity and the Tabloid incident, have not been revealed and the only thing that has happened is the Ivy reveal which had bad aftermath and was so sudden the only good thing about it was the actual reveal.

Right now, what Passions needs is JER to finally wrap the old stories up and start new ones or it might get cancelled which alot, myself included would hate to see. It's every bit of JER's responsibility to fix the show, the fans can do nothing.

Archived