Is Passions being cancelled?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's nothing to dislike! Even when Jessica was going around being an idiot in 2005, there was lots of fun stuff to watch, like the high drama between Theresa and Gwen, the Fancy/Noah romance, the earthquake/tsunami, the secrets of who Sheridan stabbed, etc, etc...

And 2006 had the mermaid, Vendetta, and major secrets revealed (Chadney not being siblings, little Ethan's paternity, Ivy's secret). I don't understand why the fans aren't happy.

• Members

Because, even though I LOVED Siren, the Vendetta was only good at the end and hardly did anything, Chaney reveal I, if not everyone, saw coming, I knew they were gonna do the LE paternity at some point and then now it's some big secret that hasn't bene revealed, Ivy's secret was sudden and the aftermath was horirble, Rachel who came on at the beginning of the year was dropped very fast and no one knows where she is, TT and Vendetta acted like the Tabloid secret would be reevaled but it wasn't, there are massive rapes, etc.

2005 was a little bit good but still alot of rapes, Jessica's horrible story, Theresa and Gwen was really nothing new and the tabloid secret was breifly revisited but no one ever found out the truth, the Sheridan stabbing secret was good though, the earthquake/tsunami barely did anything, Foah was good though.

And, the fans aren't happy because from alot of those things I mentioned they were either backpeddling or major exagerration by Passions, amongst other things. And when it seems like things are actually revealed, it's really a dream.

• Members

EXCUSE ME?!!

Why aren't the fans happy? Let's talk shall we?

Lack of payoffs to stories going on for 7 years, too many recasts, the slowest pace on daytime, not giving a damn about loyal fans and letting piece of [!@#$%^&*] stories like the Fox/Kay/Miguel triangle keep going when clearly no one likes it, rape and violence towards women, etc.

I am not going to go on because that is just the tip of the iceberg. The fans will watch if you give them what they want. Passions was in a decline in 2003 and rebounded a bit in 2004-early 2005 because it was giving fans payoffs and things were happening. Just because you like something doesn't mean everyone else does. Rion, you need to accept the fact that you and several others are the only ones consistently enjoying the show the way it is. If you think fans should suck it up and force themselves to watch the show now, then that is just a ridiculous notion. I don't want the show gone. I want it to improve and I want them to give me and others what we have wanted since the show began.

The time has come to end stories and start new ones and to give the fans what they want. They need to listen to the fans because right now they clearly don't. JER knew he had to prove himself and that the show was in trouble and has done NOTHING to to consistently make the show good. It is good for a week or so and then that's it. That can't happen.

I know you and a few others like the show right now. It is ok right now but this is not good enough. What you had last week was good enough but already this week hasn't been even close. You all can ejoy it but don't act like everyone should like it. People have a right to make up their own mind and it is clear that alot of Passions fans are upset. I defended this show for years and until recently. I want better and I hope we get it. I would hate to see it go so I hope JER gets things going or someone else takes over and makes things as good as they should be (unlikely though).

As for a new soap, if Passions left us I am all for it. Pindsey Hartley carries Passions so she could definitely carry another soap. I would love for NBC to keep Days and Passions and add a half hour show but I know that won't happen. I hope this doesn't happen but the odds have never been higher.

As for Days, it's weird because I'm not worried. I think if NBC gets rid of them they will be taken on. I don't want it to be at the expense of another soap though but we will cross that bridge when we get there. This is about Passions and I hope this doesn't end badly.

• Members

I think it would take a lot more than that to see fans flocking back to watch Passions. JER has burned the fans too many times so many fans don't trust him anymore even if something is promoted to be happening. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me....many fans or ex-fans got tired of JER's games so any promotion of anything for Passions won't necessarily be believed as really happening by the fans who stopped watching the show.

• Members

I say WAY sooner than that, honey. DAYS will get the axe before its current contract expires. Affiliates in major cities won't want to air a one-soap lineup.

DAYS's contract with NBC may not expire for a few years, but SONY/Corday may have to pull the plug on it if its not pulling in ad revenue because of major affiliates dropping the show. Isn't this what happened with PGP and THE EDGE OF NIGHT? ABC was planning on continuing the series through its current contract, but because a LOT of affiliates were dropping the show(which translates to less ratings, which translates to less ad revenue and profit), PGP decided to pull the plug on it.

Without a soap next to it, DAYS is as good as gone.

• Members

Ultimately, this is what I'm most afraid of if/when PASSIONS is in fact cancelled. I don't want PASSIONS cancelled at all, but I want DAYS to stay on about a million and one times more. And, I DON'T want to see DAYS going to ABC as long as that demon spawn Frons is there. That would be far worse than anything that Langan/Higley/JER has done to the show.

Anyone who watches soaps (whether you like PSNS or not) should not be wishing cancellation on PASSIONS right now, because I truly believe that as soon as one soap goes, it will start a domino effect.

• Members

If Days ended up at ABC, Corday would be forced to give up ownership of the show and all decisions would be made by Brian Frons. Half the cast would be eliminated, stories would be told based on focus groups and young demographics. Veterans would be shoved to the backburner (this means Dee, Drake, Peter, Kristian and everyone up) and the show would become unrecognizable. Something like 2001. I shudder to think about it! I think I'd rather Days just go out on top, with grace.

And even after all that, the ratings would likely be much lower on ABC. I doubt that many NBC viewers would even know to follow it to another network. It just seems incredibly unlikely, and tragic if so.

• Members

Another hour of Today is overkill, but PSSNS is very much deserving of cancellation. I understan viewers are sentimental and protective of their shows, but it serves the overall genre very little benefit to have a mockery continue to pollute the airwaves. When show's in general fail to demonstrate improvement, they are cancelled. Soap Operas should not be held to a different standard of entertainment value because it's a dying breed. It's withering on the vine and close to extinction bcause headwriters like JER are dragging the daytime lineup through the mud with his inbred sexist, tedious, offensive and flat out boring adaptions of storytelling.

PSSNS is a victim of its own medicority on every level. It has a following, but hardly one that distinguishes the majority of where traditional allegiances lie. Two shows were cancelled for this garbage that depicts the industry as a joke with the overacting and nonsensical style. It's time for the the madness to end.

Archived