General Hospital: September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

While I will admit that I read a spoiler on Twitter that the Port Charles Hooker would strike again (I hope that's the title they go with for this story), there was a ton of rather heavy handed foreshadowing before the event.

Every loved one just happened to be in the same room and expressed what a good guy he was.  His mother and his mentor basically eulogized him for no reason whatsoever.  There's a sudden thunderstorm, but nobody decided to cancel their plans and stay at home.  And, a red herring of a victim whose death would actually be shocking.

All that was missing was him saying the most cursed phrase in all of soaps, "I'll be by your side forever..."

Also, I'm no physics expert, but it seems harder to kill someone with a fish hook than a knife, or a gun.  Like you'd really have to dig in deep and drag it, which would create a lot of noise and mess.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Part one of Carly's random encounter with "Peyton Roberts Honeycutt" in Jacksonville:

Part two isn't uploaded but here is the transcript of that scene:

• Peyton: Your great-aunt was Ruby Anderson? *The* Ruby?
  • Carly: The one and only. 
  • Peyton: And were you employed at her “establishment”? 
  • Carly: No. I met Ruby years later when she left Florida and moved to Port Charles, New York. 
  • Peyton: Port Charles’ loss is Jacksonville’s gain.
  • Carly: [ Chuckles ] Where do you get off judging Ruby? Or anyone? 
  • Peyton: There are such things as “standards,” and clearly you have no idea what I’m talking about, so allow me to explain. There’s a way to behave. There’s a way to conduct yourself that determines what circles you move in and who finds you acceptable. 
  • Carly: You said your last name was Honeycutt.
  • Peyton: That’s right. Mrs. Wade Honeycutt. 
  • Carly: He’s your second husband. 
  • Peyton: How do you know that? 
  • Carly: Because your first husband’s name was Daniel. And your daughter’s name was Charlotte Reese Roberts. And you lived on Bedlow Drive. And you had a big, beautiful house with a swimming pool. And you drove a Mercedes convertible. And I thought it was so cool. 
  • Peyton: Oh, my god. You’re Caroline Benson? [pause] Caroline Benson. You call yourself Carly? My daughter is dead, and you’re using her name? 
  • Carly: My name is Carly. I chose it, and I’ve been using it for most of my adult life. 
  • Peyton: You weren’t born with it. Carly was Reese’s nickname, my sweet, my trusting daughter. Worst day of her life was when she met you! Ah, she came home so excited, made a new friend, wanted you to come over. The instant I talked to your mother I knew it was a mistake. She said she was a secretary. She’d be unable to supervise the girls ’cause she had to work.
  • Carly: You didn’t supervise very much, Mrs. Roberts. You were always off at some luncheon or committee meeting. It was the housekeeper who drove us around until Reese was old enough to do it herself.
  • Peyton: How many afternoons did you spend at our house? How many sleepovers? Little Caroline, always so eager to fit in. Couldn’t quite manage with your discount clothes and the wrong shoes. But my Reese was so happy to share. [ Voice breaking ] Oh, my god. You wore the same size. You could almost pass as a girl from a decent family, so I let you tag along. It made Reese happy, and I didn’t see the harm. I didn’t see the harm. Until it was too late. Until you betrayed my generosity. Until you seduced my husband! 

Part 3 of 3 starts around 40 seconds into this clip:
https://www.facebook.com/generalhospital/videos/1028976064454252

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Thanks! Haven't been able to keep up as much since most of the clipping channels on YT either disappeared or focus on specific characters (though I'm sure there's one for Carly).

Part 3 seems to leave it ambiguous as to whether Peyton knows about Reese surviving the accident and turning up in Port Charles (only to be killed in the train crash). I'm still inclined to think that she doesn't know.

Also, I'm glad that Daniel and Carly's "affair" is being correctly portrayed as a grooming situation. I can't remember if it was portrayed that way back in 2005 but Carly was 16 and Daniel in his 40s so grooming is what it always was.