General Hospital: September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I cannot abide Sonny as sticking himself into everyone's stuff in the name of giving them life advice! I won't see today's show for a few minutes yet. I'm not going to be glad to see Brando died. I'm the only person I know who likes him but I do.

I liked all those people about an 85 percentile a year ago & now I just want to be free from having to hear them yammer on.

I meant to say that the montage was excellent. That's something that is great when they get it right, so I appreciate that this time they did! I just dread so that Sasha HAS to go over the edge again. I don't see how she can take anymore.

Edited by Tonksadora
the montage

• Members

I can't shake the feeling, that Brando's original intent was to be a spoiler for Sonny and Carly; with Carly starting an affair with him. 

So many storyline changes take place on the show, after setting things up on screen. It's so unorganized, one of the reasons I've tuned out recently. 

The show thinks we want to see Sasha and Willow on screen 24/7 being tortured, I just want them off my screen period. 

• Members

Aside from their involvement with Cyrus’s story, everything to do with Curtis/Portia/Jordan has felt like “That Black Storyline” to me. Extremely phoned-in writing for characters they “have” to write for. It’s too bad because Donnell Turner and especially Brook Kerr are attractive, talented actors who should be nowhere near each other story-wise (zero chemistry) but are put together for obvious, superficial reasons. (They might thrive under different circumstances.) I won’t even go into the mess that is the character of Jordan.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Oh, goodness. I'm actually starting to watch this show. Should I watch? 

Please register in order to view this content

Right now, I'm kind of overwhelmed with all the characters and it seems like the last time I had General Hospital on, it was mainly served as background noise while doing computer work. I do recall a murder mystery though as it was revolving around the Quartermaine's or something? And now, there's another slasher giving off these I Know What You Did Last Summer vibes. But, I'm trying to give it a whirl. Which characters would I like?

Edited by Noel

• Members

I really think they do, too. Buuuuuuuuutttt... these stories(the divorce "mix-up" and Trina's paternity) do no one anything good. There could have been plenty of other storylines (Portia helping Curtis investigate Esme or anything else) that would showcase them.

Donnell Turner has great chemistry with most of the actors (all 14 million of them 

Please register in order to view this content

). Lately, though, it seems like he's not feeling the storylines and it shows. 

• Members

That's what this corner of the show has been since Jordan #1, who also was never a fleshed-out character despite poor Vinessa Antoine's talent - the sidelined 'Black storyline'. They do not invest in these adult characters or care about them at all, it is B/C-story material at best for thin characters designed to isolate them together while saying 'we write for Black people'. Most of them are worthless to me except Brook Kerr as Portia and poor Tags, I stopped caring about Curtis years ago and Turner seems checked out.

And as for the teens, as I've said there is a reason Spencer and Trina have yet to even kiss IMO.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I still want to know more about Jordan's involvement in the Jerome crime organization. That's how she came on. And it's a damn shame no one ever explored that. It's clear, from my point of view, they rushed in Jordan to fill the void of the exiting Sean Blakemore (ex-Shawn). Not complaining, though, because I like Tanisha Harper in the role of Jordan. But, yeah, seemed like a return without purpose. And, honestly, in her absence, they could have utilized John J. York's Mac a bit more as commissioner.