General Hospital: September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't mind Blando, but Nope.  A petition   

Please register in order to view this content

GH seriously needs to embrace it's inner SCREAM.  Add a retro sound in their scenes... this one can't cost a lot

Play this in the background at The Savoy on Throwback Thursday:

or spend a little coin for:

Edited by slick jones

• Members

9-16

Yeah, I really don't know what to make of this week. Except that Ms. Wu is still made of love. The fact that Curtis's bartender sure did find some iced tea with the quickness made me giggle a bit.  But...it felt like one of those weeks where the writers throw things at the wall to see what sticks.  By the time they started in on the aftermath of Brando's attack, linking it to probably being connected to Sonny...hmmm there's a thought...AND Kristina who really needs something to do...THEN I started to care a bit. 

I did like how Brando's attack did sprinkle out throughout the town. Like old school soap. And people slowly found out about it while dealing with their own storylines. It feels so weird to see Sonny and Ava getting along, but he really does dislike Nikolas. But it has been a while...perhaps since MC took over as Nik...since Nik and Liz have interacted so much so I've been enjoying it and it ties into their separate storylines. 

I was totally ignoring the Carly scenes with that old woman (thought LW was doing great work) because her and Jake are so forced, but that backstory bombshell that got dropped. I think we were just talking about KW and Reese in the Classic GH Thread a few weeks back. How long has it been since Reese had even been mentioned? That got some interest out of me? Is this secret enemy after Sonny that's been teased have anything to do with that? Hmmmmm.

Speaking of Jake, I might hate the pairing, but CM ages like fine wine and any excuse to get him to that pool and wet (just like Chase whom the writers continue to find any AND ALL reasons to get him undressed) is appreciated by this viewer.

Still not feeling Gregory. Sorry, not sorry.

I do like Liz is slowly owning that something is wrong. And like I said above, I like how it is linking to Nik, playing on their history. 

So...Stella remembered she lost the divorce papers. And they are playing that beat. I have been liking it just because I love seeing her, Curtis, TJ (WOOF!!), Jordan, and Portia. And I cannot believe Jordan took the bullet. Wow how her and Stella have grown. lol. If there is anything I disliked...they are writing Curtis a little toooo whiny for my taste. 

I think I am going to have to eat my words with Dex. Just that scene with Sonny a few weeks ago with some backstory has done some wonders for me so I could be down for him/Joss/Cameron...on top of his story as a double agent for Michael and now he's linked to Kristina, too. Like Esme before him, I'm seeing more potential and the actor's acting has been decent. And yes, I didn't mind him in the pool either.

Please register in order to view this content

Best of all, I feel they have done him (like Ms. Wu) well by introducing him slllllllowwwwly. Not at first, but for the most part. It has worked for him. And doesn't come across as forced at the moment. Like Cody.

Love Mac and Felicia (and Lucy teaming up with Anna btw) having story. But does it have to be with Cody? I see him with Britt and just roll my eyes.

Awwww at seeing Britt with Brad. With what's coming, I wonder what they will do with Brad now. 

Over the Linc storyline, but Chase and Brooklyn continue to be love. 

I hope what is looking like a serial killer will give this show the lost momentum it has been needing. 

• Members

I'm just glad to find Liz with people besides Finn. Although I do not pretend to understand Liz's story still. And I am still amazed that Kevin cancelled an appt. for her the other day.

More I don't understand: Carly & Mrs. Benson & the cemetery. Why doesn't Carly just make arrangements to move the remains now? And the accent Linda Purl is using is driving me straight up the wall. But I'm very interested, just confused. And it's being a Southerner that throws me on accents.

Not interested in Gregory or in Journalism Ethics 101/.

I am with you on Curtis!

You mean Britt leaving? I believe her contract is up in Nov., which seems to me to be a long time to know she is a kind of lame duck character.

• Members

Totally agree re: Liz with people NOT named Finn. They are stalling the story a little bit which I thought was nicely paced...then they threw Finn in it...and then it just vanished. Just...le sigh. I was worried she stabbed Ava tbh. Now...almost not so much.

Hmmm sounds like I am going to have to go all the way back to 2005 to recall the Reese storyline. And I loathe KW...more for her BTS stuff on other shows than on GH

So agree on Gregory. He just reminds me that he's standing where Harmony should be. 

Curtis is normally not this whiny. What happened?

I did. Just not sure if everyone knows so kept it vague on the thread thread vs the spoiler thread. I expect to see her until end of year. I've always liked Britt, but post-Jason it has been clear they do not know what to do with her. Though her vs Terry had so much potential. 

• Members

I don't know any scuttlbutt about KW. Wanna tell? Or wanna move on? And, yes, the pacing of the story, oy vey! I heard that things were derailed & chngd around but that now they're underway!

But, really, why is Gregory on the show?!

He has taken to lecturing so much & he always comes out of his lectures glowing like a rose, that I'm beginning to think he likes himself a lot & really looks down his nose at other people - even Portia! Of course a year ago he & Jordan were dealing with stuff and Portia & Jordan were friends. Now everything is different but the only thing that changed was a NuJordan. Whatya think? But my bet is he's going through a midlife crisis where he becomes a misanthrope!

I like the actress & the character SO MUCH. Not enough to tolerate Cody Bell!

I hope Carly doesn't eat any unwashed grapes or have to rely on the kindness of strangers!

• Members

I remember it being a number of factors, but office politics. But again, my history with KW predates her appearance on GH but this time it had nothing to do with her. So I would rather move on. Lol.

Oh yeah on Liz's story. It is clear it was derailed. You would think the writers had a backup plan just in case.

Same. I liked Gregory at first. In small doses and with Jackie and Finn. But now he is too shoved down the throat and propped so NO.

As far as Curtis, I just think it's the writing. Not helped by how the writing and making him less and less the crafty man with swagger he used to be. 

Same. But NO to her and Cody.