General Hospital: September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Members

If anything, Curtis should be more in Laura’s orbit.  They have genuine friend chemistry in scenes together, and he could work for the Mayor’s office doing something that keeps him in the mix of the main stories, while also having his family and relationship stories.

I am convinced that they actually have at least 6 months outlined, and just when things get going Frank or someone above him derails them.  It’s happened repeatedly in the last couple of years., especially in the spring!

There are so many dropped threads and starts and stops to almost every story except the ones involving Sonny (minus the changes brought about by SB being let go).

I bet Trina/Spencer, Esme, and Liz have all been derailed due to Frank’s classic springtime interference.  We will spend money finding primetime parents for Chase and Finn, but not casting anyone to play Jeff (or Lucky) to actually explore anything truly about Liz.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I heard, reliably, just last week that Liz's story had been changed multiple times but that now they are in the groove they want to be in & it will continue more straightforward, thank goodness, and FINALLY! (Of course you wouldn't have to hear anything to be able to deduce that!)

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Members

9-21

Ms. Wu suuuuuuure is wearing this red dress out!!! lol. I continue to love how she fits into everyone's storyline. From Britt/Cody to Curtis and now to Chase/Brooklyn. Stay with her fingers in many pies. 

Victor and KRISTINA??? I would not at all mind Kristina being connected into the Cassandines. It doesn't happen with Sam enough and if they are not going to do so with her and Sonny. 

I liked Liz's storyline has started to move again. And she's being pro-active. 

Poor Brando. I am shocked how much I feel for Gladys. But...if they are going to sell the long-desired serial killer story, there were going to have to be some death. So I admit it is slowly getting some momentum. Not to mention interesting dynamics.

Over Carly's story.

• Members

I just continue to love Serena Wu & for once I think I'm with the Majority position. Lotta folk seem to like her.

Victor just makes me uneasy. He's around Lucy & I become fearful for her. He's around Kristina & I fret & worry. If he can be so horrendous about Charlotte & Val, what might he be to lesser souls?!

I am so pleased that they are on track finally. Not sure what that track is gonna be but we will see as we go.

I feel perverse but I just want them to off someone I want offed! I mean, is that too much to ask?!!

Austin & Mason are my next 2 choices.

Over Carly's story? I don't follow. We've had this remarkable wallpaper in the Holiday Inn & we've also had Linda Purl trying to sell an appalling Southern accent. Now we've got Carly making faces at Drew dripping wet with only a towel on! This is shaping up. Did you know that Vivien Leigh claimed that STREETCAR "tipped her over" into mental illness? It's a wonder she didn't sue TN Williams!

One big question in my head: is this a set up for Cyrus to save Young Master Spencer?

• Members

That's because she was introduced the RIGHT way...gradually.

Please register in order to view this content

She's been around for years and over the last few years have been given more and more...and then family...and she is just a force and fascinating to watch. And I still love her scene when she had her henchman beat up Cody. It was like the writers had to remain us she is not one to mess with. 

Oh I agree on Victor. CS has been bringing it and playing it to the hilt. I do wonder what the endgame is going to be because CS isn't on a long contract, yes? So I take it he will be the next villain to get his comeuppances. As for Kristina, out of all of Sonny's children...she does really get used at all. It's just so much potential there so seeing her appear more has been fun to watch.

Oh my God yes! Just like that, this week they are building Liz's story again and the fact she's being so proactive about it. Begging Kevin to cancel that therapy session. Doing another therapy session. And now she just sat down and started to draw...something I will ALWAYS love seeing Liz do...going back to her roots if you will. I want to know who this face is, too.

Hehe. Same on your murder choices.

Outside of the history lesson, I am not feeling any of Carly's storylines. That is nothing against LW because she brings it, but it just feels like she's being islanded off as I write this. And I'm not behind Carly/Jake at all. Too forced. 

*gasps*

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHATTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz's woman is WHO????

• Members

Oh, you're so right. They did her right. For once they didn't screw up! And, I loved when Sasha went off her gourd on live TV that Serena Wu was there & walked right into a messy situation & sorted it out in mere minutes! Then last week they spoke Cantonese!

I am enjoying seeing Kristina. She was funny today. Sonny asks her a rhetorical question where she is supposed to be listening to his every word & instead she replies, NO. Perfect.

Oh, good. Maybe they'll cut us some slack

Who is Jake?

I gather she's supposed to be Finn's former, deceased wife, Reicko. I don't get what that means yet.