General Hospital: September 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I know the answer, but I'll add that the Jordan Recast and establishing the actress in the role also came into play.

I do give credit to the show for broadening the Ashford/Taggert into a three generation family with "Hat Dad" now that Vernee can only appear on breaks from BOB <3s ABISHOLA. I don't now if bumping him up to contract was really necessary, but if it had to do with keeping the actor from landing another series, I guess it makes sense.

Spencer looked like he was channeling his inner Valentin the past few episodes.  Kudos for the scenes between Spencer and Cameron, especially the recent hug.  Also while I'm not a big fan of singing, I thought William Lipton was fairly good today. I even caught myself humming the tune. 

Please register in order to view this content

One line from Maxie about ToddFrankenAustin leaving town for Podunk er Pawtuck would end this crap.  Just saying..

• Members

I still think the characters/actors and storyline got away from them with the audience, especially the online audience, and now they are trying to walk a cowardly tightrope to keep both elements of the audience on side while Frank struggles to find a way to get back to an OLTL 2008-era teen scene, preferably with Chavez and someone else who is at least off-white.

Call it conspiracy theory if folks want, but you can't tell me a white (or all Black!) teen couple in the making would not have at least kissed once by now on a 21st century soap. This isn't 1980 where Doug Marland played the long, long game.

• Members

The Trina/Spencer scenes were just as good as I thought they were going to be. So many parts of their storylines have been like classic soap and even though the writers really do need to speed pretty much every storyline on the show, Sprina is still a joy to watch.

I'm excited to see what's next for them.

• Members

Spencer and Trina are SO GOOD. They are the one couple getting great writing. So much angst and longing. I just loved Trina sprinting into the PCPD only to realize she was too late. She didn't even notice Bory was right there. 

Joss and Dex... literally garbage. Another pairing for Eden to tank. Next! 

Pop star Chase ain't it. They have massacred my boy. He and BLQ had so much potential but now they're written like middle schoolers. Awful. 

Carly and Drew are also awful. CM needs to go host a game show and get off my screen. He's so useless. 

Cody can go any time. They really thought this was a good idea for a character.

I honestly don't even know what the story is with Austin and his cousin because I zone out every time they're on. Luckily Austin doesn't get much airtime.at this point. He and Maxie are one of the most chem-less couples I've ever seen. 

I do think Sante are cute. KM and DZ work well together. Unfortunately all they get to do is talk about Cody. 

I really wish Finn would disappear with no explanation. 

I'm just here for Sprina. 

Edited by AlexElizabeth