Days of Our Lives: February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What was the deal with Higley and the guy with the goo who Bo and Hope were hunting down again?

Oh, I know, it's so ridiculous. I remember groaning audibly when it turned out somehow Steve's captors were Stefano too. At least on GH they interconnected their supervillains many years ago.

• Members

At least with Marlena they set up Stefano having her in that weird faux Stefano-Deidre Hall didn't decide to sign-fake Marlena story in 1988 with Diana and RoJohn.   I don't think Steve even knew Stefano lol.  Hope did peripherally but nothing major.  So, you know, I'll buy it because of the Gina story.  And obviously they set up Steve being alive with his casket? getting switched.   But did the show ever explain why/how Orpheus gave Marlena to Stefano?  Did he lose her?  Because his revenge plot hasn't ended even though his OGBEEF is with Roman not John.  RealRoman killed Orpheus's wife not John.

• Members

No, I feel like they still pretend it's about his dead wife.  I swear there was a scene where Orpheus talked about hating John for killing his wife in his return.  But that's not true.  Or maybe it's the 1986 stuff and RoJohn being a thorn in his side because John, you know, wanted his wife back lol?  I don't think the show has ever taken the time to explain or backtrack on the original reasons.

• Members

It's too bad the show was preempted for two weeks. I always feel like every time the audience has a chance to get out of the habit of watching everyday, they have a chance to not return. The numbers for DAYS may not be the greatest, for the most part, they're as steady as the rest of their lineup. 

If you want viewers to be loyal to you, be loyal to them. Have their show on when they're accustomed to watching it.

Edited by Melroser