Days of Our Lives: February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Pretty sure they did all that bc it was part of the big push at the time to bring Thaao back and make Tony (once again behaving OOC) into the big new villain under Brash and Cwikly. I never understood that, though I was always happy to see Thaao.

• Members

Anna was basically non-existent until Sheffer discovered the couple when he came on the show and brought her back as well as restoring the classical, more heroic Tony. He talked a lot about them. I'll always be grateful for that choice because it's stuck despite several attempts to undo it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Alien Gemini twins lol. For me the highlight of that story was John, Marlena, Bo and Hope all quick to deny the paranormal does not exit and dismiss it all as crazy talk initially.

Please register in order to view this content

The meteor shower story was weird. Didn’t a meteor hit Billie’s car while she was wearing a big blonde wig?

• Members

I knew there was a time when they were thought to be Tony/Marlena's but I wasn't sure if that was truly a red herring.  Now I realize it was just a writing change, but Tony/Marlena sharing kids to me seemed so WTF that I almost assumed there was a different plan.

It truly should have been Stefano and that's where I assumed it was going at the beginning (or they'd be RoJohn's).  I don't necessarily want that for Marlena, but that would have been great drama.  

Also would have been good.  But was Orpheus in the cannon as Marlena's kidnapper at the time?  I know he obviously was, but for several years the show made it seem like Stefano was her kidnapper not Orpheus until Orpheus returned.

• Members

I think so, but I can't say for sure.  Alls I know is, it was another, stupid retcon that made zero sense and ultimately added nothing to John OR to the overall show.

It's funny how everything ends up being retconned into Stefano's doing on this show.  Even Steve's "death" wound up being another one of the Phoenix's schemes, even though the Phoenix himself hadn't been around forever.  And Hope's "death"?  Yep, Stefano had a hand in that, too, apparently, despite the fact that we saw Ernesto Toscano mastermind the whole thing.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I always giggled that all the other villians just got tired of their kidnappees and just gave them to Stefano for fun and games?  I believe perhaps Stefano might want Marlena but I don't think there was ever a plausible reason he wanted Hope or Steve.  Aside from the weird Gina retcons.

• Members

Yeah, unfortunately Brash / Cwikly were too short-lived that we never really got to see where they were going with their storylines. Unfortunately, that was the start of the Higley Horror - she managed to run the show into the ground in a few short months that made them run to James E Reilly again...

ETA: I read some of the recaps from Dena's first reign o' horrors and it was as bad as I remembered (March 7th-August 8th). Bo and Hope as bounty hunters!

https://www.soapcentral.com/days-of-our-lives/recaps/2003/

Why they've gone back to her again and again is beyond me.

Edited by te.