Days of Our Lives: February 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I would rather have a preemption than the annoyance of some people seeing the show as normal and others not. My local NBC never shows an episode again overnight and does not run a banner if a show isn’t on to watch online so if I wasn’t online I would miss episodes without knowing it.

• Members

I'm calling BS on these DAYS "cutting room floor" videos.  I am supposed to believe that cash strapped DAYS films, scores, and edits whole scenes and then cuts them from the show for time?  Why wouldn't they just insert the scene into the next day's show?

It is an appealing digital extra, but I think that was the intent and they were never actually cut from an episode.

• Members

My thoughts: Most soaps air within a few weeks of filming, so it's easier to shift scenes around to the next episode.  But Days films so many episodes so fast (often filming 8 episodes per week), so by the time the editors get the raw footage, the show has probably already filmed a lot of episodes far ahead, which would create a domino effect in the amount of episodes that would need to be adjusted.  Just my thoughts.

(edit: my original post was very long but I decided to remove my excess verbiage)

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Oh. whoops, my reply was just a generalized thing.  But I don't know what the show's rationale was for this particular scene. 

The description on the YT page (if you click "see more")
says (11/30/21 Deleted Scene). You're right that it's a full deleted scene.  And I have no idea why it was deleted.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I don't know - most cut scenes seems to be "recap" ones. It makes me believe that they might film some extra scenes at the time that they sort of know they can cut in case the episode fall a bit short as to avoid having to go back and film "filler" dialogue scenes later.