General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. I think that the best scenes were definitely the ones at the Tan-O and Sonny with vision/Ghost Mike. Jax works in the Tan-O scenes and I think he actually went easy on Nina (though she was frustrated by the stuff he was saying) all things considering. His displeasure at her lies is going to be nothing compared to what she's going to get from other people, once they find out she knew Sonny was alive didn't tell anyone and on top of that didn't tell anyone about Peter except Obrecht who is now missing. She is really going to get it from all sides. Phyllis is upset with her as well, though, I think she will be more forgiving towards her than others.

Cynthia Watros is doing a really nice job as Nina and you can see Nina unraveling as Sonny/"Mike" is trapped in the burning bar and things and reality is starting to come crashing down around her. She kept switching back and forth today from calling him Mike to Sonny and Phyllis called her out on that. Telling her she seems unsure of what she should call him. It also doesn't bode well for her that Sonny's vision/dream of Carly is what motivated him to wake up and fight for his life. Vision/Ghost Mike also was pushing Sonny towards Carly. I think that's a sign that Sonny will want to reclaim his life with Carly and will end up being furious with Nina when he finds out about her lies. (Though, he still may have feelings for her as well).

Also, regarding the wedding and the guests, I continue to enjoy Gladys. I like her with Vincent Novak. It would be interesting if they fell for each other and actually got married. Maybe he ends up helping out Jason/Carly in some way (like turning on Cyrus) & they grudgingly call a truce with each other. It seems like they did that already, but Jason/Carly could find out about the plan he hatched with the other families/Cyrus and that could put them on the outs again. Brando didn't want any association with him, but it would be something if he fell/actually married Gladys.

Also, it was nice seeing Bobbie again and Trina/Cam interacting together. Cam/Trina's brief scenes today were cute and highlighted their chemistry and the friendship that used to be shown more often.

• Members

Jax and Nina could have easily pulled Sonny out of the burning Tan-O together, but her pulls her out.

Just checked the dates, Sonny went over the bridge on December 18, it’s now September 16 meaning the Mike amnesia plot took 9 months

Please register in order to view this content

. The Bold & the Beautiful probably would have horrendously wrapped this up in two months.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I know. I am just being cheeky at B&B's expense

I didn't mind the slow pace of this particular story until now because I like a slow burn when the payoff ought to be there at the end which seemed like it... but the last few weeks have been unsatisfying and I am now pessimistic it is going to be as worth it as I had assumed, sadly.

• Members

The extreme dragging out of the Jax/Nina stuff and Carly/Jason’s wedding reminds me of old school soap plotting, but not as interesting.  They are trying to do soap again, but it still lacks something.

As ridiculous as James Reilly could be, he at least knew how to make an endless day interesting.

• Members

I see that Jason's kids didn't get an invite to the wedding.

This wedding is so cringy and dull. I don't care about the drama with Vincent Novak. And we have Spinelli giggling like a schoolgirl as Carly walks down the aisle. Yuck.

Nixon Falls was much more interesting today than the wedding. Things are happening. Nina is totally in the wrong but I'm not even really that mad at her because Cynthia Watros is just really good. It was good to see Max Gail. LOL at Sonny's first memory being him smashing barware. He's back, now let's get him to the wedding ASAP so we can have a hell of a Friday cliffhanger tomorrow.